Alfalfa, neem and kelp meal tea?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by rickyanny, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Would this be a quality mix during veg for recovering plants? If so I plan on making 2-3 gallons for a soak, what would be the most efficient way to make this tea? Should I add molasses, Ewc or humus? I have an aquarium air pump and bubble stone fairly powerful. I have seen tea recipes for kelp and alfalfa but not all three together. I have all down to earth brand and want to make sure I'm not overdoing it. Thanks and best wishes to all.

2. I do alfalfa, EWC and kelp, but no exp with neem.

Get it going, add a bit of molasses and yer GTG.

Wet

3. In 2 or 3 gallons I would do 1/2 cup Alfalfa 1/4-1/2cup Neem and 1/4 cup kelp. Bubble overnight and dilute. Maybe start with 2-3 cups of mix per gallon.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I brew up a neem and kelp tea on a regular basis - the addition of the alfalfa will make it even better. This is something you might plan on doing every 10 - 14 days perhaps.

5. Thank you everbody for the input. If I were to make 3 gallons total using your method terra, I'd put in about 2 tbs alfalfa and a tbs of neem/kelp, add a Lil molasses and bubble for 24 hours?

6. That would be "uber safe" to borrow a phrase. I might even do those amounts in 1 gal. I tend to brew on the stonger side then dilute. At least with this kind of "tea". The longer you let it brew the stronger it will be.
    Sometimes I just mix the ingredients and stir every few hours or so. No pump needed. But then again that might be totally reckless, who knows. lol

7. rickyanny/organic, I did the "sun tea" thing with alfalfa. On the third day it had turned, having that famliar gnarly smell. It was very similar to the smell I got from an FPE with alfalfa sprouts after they fermented for 5 days with no air. I put it on my plants and they seemed to love it, though it stunk up the house for a day.

I did the same thing with Kelp. I might not have left it out as long though. In the desert sun this stuff got very warm, even close to hot, so I hope that didn't degrade the solution at all. I used that to spray my fruit trees in the yard. I have done the AACT thing with my current grow also.

Alfalfa, TM 7, compost EWC, Kelp Meal, Fish Meal, Aloe Vera juice. I used recommended levels from the sticky in this Organic Forum. I believe it was an LD recipe.

Have fun brewing or making the teas. thier surely seem beneficial.

JaK

8. Wow these teas really are beneficial. How late into flower can neem and kelp tea be watered into the soil? I want to provide a Lil extra protection for the final weeks. Also I know everyone says diff but with an eight week variety is it safe to spray with neem past the second week? I planned on stopping after this next one at nearly week 3. Thanks everyone has been a huge help to really save the garden.

9. Are you folks using neem oil or neem meal cake?

10. I use the cake/meal for soil amendments, teas, soil drenches
    I only use the oil for foliar although when I foliar I also usually also spray the soil surface

• Like Like x 1