AlfAlfa Meal How to Apply

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by tannersmith, Feb 15, 2010.

1. #1 tannersmith, Feb 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2010
    I've heard that if you mix alfalfa meal into ur soil mix aorund the roots it can be bad, and that it sould be top dressed or brewed into a tea. Does anyone have experience with this.

Any ideas on cottonseed meal either?

2. #2 starcecil, Feb 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2010

You can make a compost tea

In a big container mix

4 gallons water

1/3 cup alfalfa meal

1 TBSP unsulphured Molasses

Aerate for 24 hours and then water plants with it immediatly

You can even go further and add 1/3 cup kelp meal and a few tbsp of some Ewc and just a tad more molasses to round it out

Your plants will love it. The alfalfa helps the plant grow bigger and stronger and the kelp adds to stronger roots and many other benefits. The molasses feeds the microbes that thrive in the compost tea and when added to the soil they have added benefits of breaking down organic matter to make food more readily absorbable to plants among many other things

3. That sounds good for my indoor grow, but i was also wondering about when i try outdoors this year i would like to not have to carry gallons of water in, i would rather just bring it in with the soil or maybe top dress have you ever tried this? Also i was thinking of using rabbit feed pellets (alfalfa meal and molasses) have u ever tried these? Would I have add additional molasses or would the molasses holding it together be enough.?

4. Here is a comprehensive post on the benefits of alfalfa. This was posted on another forum, by an organic grower named Von........thanks Von, your info is well received here. I think it may help you tannersmith.
    Take care bro,

chunk

• Like Like x 1
  5. If you are doing it outdoors then applying a few cups on top and then watering down would probably be best. Or mix it in the first foot or so then water

6. Great thanks for the replies. I want to take advantage of the triaconatol and im gonna try and get this into my current grow, and im also gonna add it into the soil mix of the outdoor season soil.