Alex Cora: Cheater Or Innovator?

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Deleted member 506764, Jan 15, 2020.

?

Alex Cora?

1. Cheater

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Innovator

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. So everyone's getting all upset about Cora using video to steal signs during his time with Astros and Red Sox, but is this a matter of cheating or just the game evolving with technology? The MLB claims it's cheating. I'm not so sure.

Everyone's all up in arms about this, meanwhile Google, Apple, and Amazon are using tech to spy on your everyday lives and collect information about you. That's where you should be directing your anger at the use of tech, not to steal signs in a baseball game, but to erode every shred of privacy you once enjoyed in your own home and automobile.

I say let sign stealing evolve in the digital age. Come up with better signs if you don't want batters knowing what pitch is coming. Baseball is a strategic game. You can figure it out.

2. wow.

3. Care to give your take?

4. The MLB could adopt technology to prevent sign stealing, but cheating has always been part of baseball. That's why it's called America's pastime ;) Anyway, I think using the video feed is going too far.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 DaPhats, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    Using technology is a big no-no.

As a computer scientists I can tell you it would be impossible to come up with a sign system that a computer program wouldn't be able to figure out within 2 pitches once the sample size is big enough.