Alcoholics

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Bloodheart, Jan 17, 2010.

1. #21 Bloodheart, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2010
    Man I got shit faced again tonight. I really can't help myself after that first sip...

2. My mom is a raging alchoholic, and i know alot of addiction traits are picked up genetically, so I have to watch my drinking. I notice whenever i do drink at a party that i always wanna try to outdo myself, i'm just luck that I picked up on the signs early enough. I usually only drink once or twice a month at the most, but times when I feel down and shit i swear i could just get hammered all day long. Seeing what my mom has gone through though has given me alot of insight into how bad it can get, and i don't ever wanna walk down that path

3. Yeah man, shits tough. I wish I had known I had alcoholic genes before I go into it. Most of my family is recovering alcholics which I had not now. Sucks been a strung out alcholic-junkie. Whatever, at least I'm havin' fun on the ride down. ONE GOOD THIGN is I'm never a pissed off rdrunk. Fuck man always getting involved.

4. here to, drink everyday. not drinkign as much as i was last year. but i went to the bar and got shit faced today before addiction counsilling class. smoking down tonight tho.

drinking is just always in your face, and all my close friends are also alcoholics.

5. sorry for double post but, we should put some effort into this thread, tell tales, and relate. maybe help each other out.

6. Im a Drunk and it sux. I crawl into a bottle when i hit a ruff spot in my youger years and now the bottle is finally getting empty and what i see out of it fucking 100 times worse then when it started. I could smoke till i got a nose bleed and still have thoughts of what ifs and whys but right when i pick that bottle up i could make myself and my feelings go num. What a dirty nasty drug alcohol is it has destoryed all my grandparents never got to meet them once in my life and has controll my Aunt her whole life. Why the hell you can buy this drug any were i dont know.

I went to AA and other classes after a DUI and I hated it I cant except that im powerless to a drug its a tuff pill to swallow. I dont drink as much now and dealing with the problems i ignore for years is hell. In english dont drink to get away from your problems you end you digging a gaint hole in which you cant crawl out of on you own.

7. I'm not much of a drinker. I've been drinking more the past couple months cause I'm on probation and can't smoke. My dad's an alcoholic but I don't think he drinks much at all anymore. Mom had a pretty big alcohol problem before she got pregnant with me. She told me she was basically trying to kill herself with alcohol and me being born saved her life. Mom's dad's a recovering alcoholic and doesn't drink at all anymore. I think I have a few other alcoholics in my family. Both my mom's brother and dad's brother are drug addicts (all kinds). Grandma was a coke head, smoked weed and still does from time to time, has tripped on LSD well over 100 times and has used pretty much every drug you can think of.

8. i hear ya bloodheart....im gettin drunk tonight..just bought a liter of jim beam and a 12 pack of blue moon.

Alot of my drinking has to do with all of my freinds being alcky's too. My buddy called earlier and said lets get drunk! And i was like uhhhhh........sure why not! Ive been on quite the bender the past 2 months...i need to slow down...been getting wierd stomach pains..

Ive got 3 friends that are alcks right with me. We all drink massive amounts and black out. And all it takes most the time is one of us to call the other and theres no turning it down because you just want to drink...

Those are only 3 that are power drinkers...theres another 10 that like to get drunk every weekend....this towns bad news...gotta move somwhere new

9. Having alcoholics as friends when you are one too is bad news. It's just like any other addiction in that you will enable each other and make each other feel more normal about the addiction.

Alcohol rips the hell out of your GI tract. It destroys everything from your throat to your ass. After only 2 1/2 years drinking daily I will throw up blood sometimes and can't eat. Fucking poison. I have no idea how someone can be a daily drinker for something crazy like 20 years.

10. yeah...well i dont booze daily..but ill drink anywheres from 2-3 times a week, the thing is...i dont know many people who can drink as much as i can, its scary amounts. My uncle drinks a handle of vodka in one night..no joke..im not sure how he isnt dead. He also takes around 500 pills a month for back pain.

Ide like to stick to once a week, but its hard.

Ive been feeling like shit the past 3 days...even woke up last night sweating....but as soon as i drank a few beers just now i feel good again....bad sign..

11. Indeed sir it is a bad sign. It can get ridiculously bad then having a few drinks just makes it go away. I had myself some night sweats that woke me up last night, I'm in the middle of a taper so I guess that's why.

Out of every alcoholic it seems like they pick one of two extremes, heavy drinking sessions or drinking moderately but constantly. I'm sure they both got serious downsides.

12. ^yeah...pretty crazy how this shits legal...

i feel like hell right now..hhah...i woke up at like 530 for some reason. Im still drunk from last night by the way. Me an my friend drank a liter of jim beam and a 12 pack. After that i slighty remember walking around the house looking for more booze....

thankfully i probably stil have alcohol in my system...but later on today i wouldnt doubt it i go thtough some withdrawals....

gotta stop this shit....i should be smarter than to poison my body like the govt apparently wants me to do with booze and ciggarettes.

13. ^^i hear ya man. i generally wake up feeling pretty stupid about drinking, this morning included. i had weird dreams last night. i was sick and my house was a huge mess. maybe my dreams are trying to tell me that drinking so often is suppressing my immune system and keeping me from getting things done. it's just too easy to get alcohol. last night my cousin just showed up with beer and told me to enjoy.