Alcohol withdrawal

Discussion in 'General' started by Pinkfloydtoker, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Does anybody know if weakness,fever,muscle weakness and aching are symptoms of alcohol withdrawal? I googled it but I couldn't really find much about it.

2. Answer

It has more info than you asked for but everything you'll need to know.

3. sounds like your tired. go to bed?

4. the thing is i just woke up

5. lol, i guess i fail at sarcasm.

6. sounds more like the flu to me

7. its been going on for about 3 days now. i'll wake up with a really bad fever, right now its 102.6. and then i'll lay in bed for a few hours and then take some tylenol. i'll sweat my ass off and break the fever by the time i go to bed. when i wake up in the morning its the same thing all over. i have a horrible fever and im really really weak

8. That's not withdrawal, see a doctor.

9. that. definately.

10. i dont have insurance so i guess i'll just ride it out. im pretty convinced its the flu

11. Vitamin C, chicken soup, and don't take too many Tylenol (dude that shit is toxic). Honestly though, if it lasts more than a day or two more goto the ER. The temp you're giving us is approaching the brain damage level. Best case, they give you a flu shot, a $75 dollar bill (don't you love US healthcare) and tell you to go home. Worst case, they admit you but you stay alive and you work out the bill later (because you CAN!).

12. idk i usually only get sick about once a year, but ive been stressed a lot lately so ive been sick quite a lot lately. and im guessing its caused by the stress. i have a real good immune system usually. but ya ive been drinking v8 splash with antioxidants and vitamin c.

13. Drive to Canada and use our health care system. Bring a book so you can read during the 6 hours that you'll wait to be seen. But hey, at least it'll only cost you gas money.