Alcohol vs Weed

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by JustAnotherToker, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Ok so this isnt a topic about what is worse etc as on this forum we all know the answer to that.
    This is just a little rant on my part as I don't really have anyone to share this in RL...

So I live in a country where alcohol is not looked at as something bad, it's completely normal that kids from 16 up get drunk every weekend. Up untill 5 years ago there was NO drinking age limit, anyone could buy alcohol and cigarettes even a 12 year old. Now there is a limit of 18 for alcohol and cigarettes but  drinking is totally socially acceptable behavior even encouraged by society.

Well I'm a pothead, I LOVE weed and I hate alcohol, alcohol makes me feel like crap the whole next day after drinking, I vomit like a maniac after drinking, and it gives me headaches yet when I say anything about weed to most people I'm looked at as a drug addict (not even pothead), many can't tell the difference between weed and heroin. I heard commentaries from people "but how do you shoot that up the vein" (for weed ffs).

It's really annoying to live in a place where you can't share with anyone what you like so passionately.
    I used to have a couple of friends that shared my passion but all found non smoking anti-weed girlfriends (that ofc drink alcohol) and they don't hang with me anymore so basically I'm mostly smoking alone. And when people ask me wehn I intend to quit smoking weed my reply is usually "when I'm 6 ft under I can guarantee I wont do it anymore".

I know more about weed than 99% of the people in my country and I feel like a black sheep :(
    The thing irritating me the most is how alcohol is looked at as something totally cool, it's like go drink and vomit it's ok just don't do that bad marijuana...
    I think I would be more ok with it all if everything was banned or at least if pople would look at alcohol as a damn drug it really is. I often had arguments with people that were saying something like drugs and alcohol... then I replied but what is alcohol if not a drug, ofc weed is a drug same as heroin :(

Sorry I had to vent a bit, thanks for reading and stay high!

2. Weed is a drug, most people don't consider alcohol to be a drug. Alcohol is legal, weed isn't. That's why.

3. Just curious what country are you in?  Yea you are surrounded by some real idiots.  I blame it on pure misinformation spread by governments .

4. #4 Byetu, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2013
    Alcohol never lead me to any good results in my activity, health, mental status or desire to care about myself.  All I did was binge, get sad drinking on my own go to sleep wake up and sip again.  When it's the only drug that your country indoctrinates you into thinking should be legal and cool to consume with endorsements and advertisements then I suppose you'd be oblivious too.  I had smoked weed once before this but I always believed it to be something else.  Beer just makes you fat anyways, unless it's light which tastes like piss, so it's not worth drinking.

Yes weed is a drug but it's the least dangerous drug in the world... cigarettes are way worse and alcohol is almost on heroin level!

Croatia, the worst country for a toker to be in, I thought about moving so many times :(

6. Meh, I don't really have much of any opinion, you're gonna die anyway, why not try as much shit as you can while you still livin?

7. Note to self, stay away from Croatia.

8. If I were you, I'd move to an area where the drug policies aren't so harsh. 

cause trying to live life is more fun than trying every drug u can get your hands on. leave highschool for that

10. Pwned

For my birthday buy me a politician

Attached Files:

11. I'm drunk off rum and stoned off bubba kush.. uhhhhhhhh wut...

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1251318-trainwreck-gdp-grow.html#entry18811505

12. Eh.

I like both.

Nothing better than a frosty brew and a fat blunt. :)

13. At least in Croatia posesion of weed is decriminalised..
    Pročitah u novinama...možeš kaznu novčanu dobiti...In Bosnia you get up to one year of jail if you are caught...i got caught with 0,3 g of weed...there is hole in law, that say: you are not responsible for crime if you had some disease like melancholy or something like that...pokušat ću s time ići da se branim...
    and you are not gulty if you did the crime because of necessity, to stop somebody from doing something bad...we depresed people have need to save ourselves...

sorry for bad english, i have learned german in school...

toliko je društvo nazadno, drago mi je samo što je trava sve više i više legalna...dok cigarete su sve više ilegalne i skupe...

im glad that cigarettes are more and more illegal and expensive, and weed is being decriminalised in the world...

14. You prove my point with your experiences with alcohol.

The reason why governments want alcohol and tobacco legal and weed illegal is social control and business. They want you to drink a 6 pack a night, 2 packs a day, you get dulled by the alcohol - it closes your mind, not expands it - then you get cancer, heart disease, alcoholism, you hand over a hundred thousand dollars to hospitals and doctors and nurses, then you die and you're just another former customer.

When you smoke weed, you see through all of society's bullshit. It prevents cancer, treats countless diseases, but worst of all, instead of taking pills for your depression, anxiety, illness, you smoke weed. They want your MONEY! The amount of money they'd raise from legal weed pales in comparison to how much money is currently made through its illegality.