Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Alcohol Vs. Weed Experiences

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Gorgishmork, Feb 25, 2009.

1. To sum it all up in 2 easy points.

Alcohol(The next day)- Why is this even legal?

Cannabis- This should be legal

2. i know my limits with alcohol. ive never experienced any situations similar to the one youve described nor do i plan on coming into those situations. When i drink i like to keep a buzz, thats it..period. I dont like to get shit faced.

3. i love weed and alchy! i dont get hangovers and drink large amounts. im part scottish so i can drink all day, but im part lakota and cherokee so i get drunk as fuck.. they compliment each other

4. just like weed isnt for everyone. Your just creaitng a dilusion for yourself if you say weed isnt a drug. anything that alters your state of perception is a drug, even if its a plant. If you cant handle your shit when your drunk, then thats your problem. I never used to like drinking cause i couldnt handle myself when im drunk, but now that i can, i love to drink just not all the time. Drinking isnt something you do every day, weed you can cause it doesnt fuck up your body AS much

5. Weed=lifes good, music is pumpin, and I love you guys
    alcohol=throw up, black out and wake up next morning and want to kill yourself

6. Here is my experience. Happened this summer and I will never forget it.

Vacation in the Outerbanks, North Carolina. All the college age kids in the beach house are blazing it up as the adults are out in the hot tub drinking just about every night. One night I'm high as hell sitting in the middle of the floor watching TV. In walks my godfather and my dad from outside. My godfather rubs my head (weird) and walks away while my dad proceeds to hug inanimate objects around the house. I wanted to say "Dad you're more fucked up than me right now" but of course I couldn't.

7. sounds like ectasy more then alchohol to me lol

8. if you can't hold your shit yes

9. #69 BiGIIBiZAREx420, Sep 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2010

Haha been there done that man. i was partying and camping. i blacked out and passed out in my tent then I started puking on my back and my guardian angel helped and saved my life man for real. well my friend flipped me over but i consider him a my guardian angel, cuz if it wasnt for him i would not be here writing this post. I never touched Vodka again after that night, stricly brew. Worst alcohol experience ever. There nothing worst then waking up with the worst headache ever in a stinky ass tent next to lake puke lol. But then my friend smoke a blunt then my problems were gone. i just left that damn tent there haha. weed does that to me i just say "Fuck It". I agree that alcohol is more dangerous but then again weed never got me laid so im willing to take that risk for some pussy lmao. Alcohol is awsome you just need to know your limit. never try to keep up with older drinkers because they will win everytime trust me. I love alcohol and weed because they mix like a peanut butter n jelly sandwich. i think this thread should be called Alcohol + Weed + Peanut Butter n Jelly Sandwich = ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY IN MY BODY wow i crack myself up, man i love weed

10. Both can provide wonderful times if used properly. I would never drink to the point where I throw up ever. I like alcohol and LOVE weed.

Alcohol = feeling like you just spun around and made yerself dizzy.
    Weed = EVERYTHING IS BETTER + the best mood of yer life.

11. Combine the two haha. If I'm wasted and can almost function I smoke right before I pass out and once when I wake up. Makes hangovers feel 10x better.

12. Best thing to do is get "tipsy" then have a couple of doobs.

13. Well here is why I would choose weed over alcohol,

First off, everyone should...
    1. V A P O R I Z E <<-- save bud, get healthy, less smell = less problems, good taste = more enjoyable

-Healthier
    -Cheaper (Overall)
    -Fucks you up without getting "clumsy"
    -People can tell more often than not that you are drunk than high in public
    -No hangover = no regrets
    -No throwing up at all
    -You are relaxed, and chill

Overall, I don't see myself drinking much alcohol anymore

The only thing about weed is that I feel that it LINGERS more on me, like it will be with me a day or 2 after I get high, just a light haze over everything, not bad, just weird. With alcohol its all out.

Anyone know what I mean?

14. i like to smoke nd drink but i like weed more i wont drink everyday

15. Depends how often you use it. Chronic use yes, it will still be with you the day after even if some people detest this, it's true. Sure, you're not going to be "high" the day after, but you'll certainly feel a little hazy and not as "quick to the t" as you use to be. This is one of those things that suck about MJ, even though in a vast majority of situations you can function just fine with a little haze.

If you use it once in awhile, you get very little, if any after effects the day after. This is why recreational use kicks the shit out of daily use of MJ.

To counter your point about Alcohol, if you have a couple glasses of wine, you'll be in great shape the next day (It's out of your system as you said) with very minor physical effects just from 2 glasses. However, if you drink enough to get a hangover, that's certainly an after effect that could last a couple of days. Also, if you are into fitness at all, the physical detrimental effects of Alcohol can last almost damn week in the gym.

Example w/ alcohol- 4-6 glasses of wine will surely screw your next day's workout. You decide then to take the day off to recuperate. You head back into the gym the next day, and you feel weaker, and feel that you'll even need to work harder at your goals. It takes several days for yourself to get back up into tip top shape with just that one time of alcohol use. Alcohol and fitness do not mix, at all.

Example w/ cannabis - 1 joint a night has no strength/gain/fitness deficits in the gym. It's all motivation, and some people are less motivated than others. Feeling a little hazy should not get confused with lack of motivation.

16. Alchohol + Weed is fun and interesting.

17. Alcohol - bad

Ganja - good

What else can you say?

I have yet to hear a story about a guy who was so high that he got with a fat chick, forgot to use a condom, then busted in her, and got her pregnant.

18. Of course alcohol is detrimental to your health.
    Is this thread more about posting which substance you favor, or your experiences with the two?

Well, I don't drink, anymore. Alcohol just isn't for some people. I always get sick and end up feeling like shit. The herb never gives me headaches or makes me throw up, usually just gets rid of that crap.

Others can drink and drink, and drink some more and be fine. (until they wrap themselves around a light pole)

19. alright buddy have fun with your liver and brain damage and ill just sit back, laugh, watch, and light up a joint while you throw up in a gas station bathroom and pass out.

20. i like drinking better at parties or somewhere social while weed is better for myself or a few close friends. there is a difference between abuse and use, a lot of people like to knock on other peoples drugs and think their better because they do substance A while billyjoe does substance B

yeah, alcohol isn't great for your body with regular use, but it is possible to drink moderately and still enjoy it while being responsible.