Alcohol-The Nagging Wife

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Buddha_Man, Feb 12, 2013.

1. #1 Buddha_Man, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2013
    Last night i found the perfect metaphor. Alcohol is like that nagging wife that you hate but always come home to. She pisses you off but you still love her. Though as with any bad relationship, sometimes you need to end it. I'm ready to divorce this bitch cuz when I'm with her she causes me nothing but trouble. I don't wanna be married to her anymore. Maybe she'll let me fuck her again on special occasions like the 4th of July, but I can't be with this bitch everyday. My furniture looks like something from a tornado scene with all the anger she gives me.

I think i might hookup with Mary Jane and become friends with benefits.

As far as my daily life goes, I need to be sober. I wanna feel what it's like again. I want my family back. I wanna see my little cousins again whom I love very much. These bottles ain't worth losing the real love.

Peace and Enlightenment. Try as hard as you can. Be a winner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqBfpjSnOOw

2. Haven't had alcohol since 1995. Best thing I ever did. Life is happier and simpler.

3. I dont know why everyone who has bad experiences with alcahol condems it. Im fine when i drink but you gotta know your limits.

4. bad experiences are innevitable.

but when everyday becomes a bad experience and you're own family doesn't wanna be around you it's a different story.

you're right. some people have the ability to know their limits. i don't hit my limit until i hit the floor. thats a real fuckin problem mate.

5. I'm 10and half months sober.the wife told me it was either the drink,or her and my son.

6. An uncle of mine was a really bad alcoholic for years. Some just have that unique taste for alcohol, and as was stated earlier, can't stop until they hit the floor.

Now if you know your limits, but alcohol simply angers you/triggers violent outbursts, that's another great reason to steer clear.

But all in all if you enjoy drinking, know your limitations, and can keep yourself in check, drink on! :)

7. my brother is like this, he always says the point of drinking is to get drunk. Most of the time I think the opposite.

8. Exactly. People are always so quick to demonize alcohol, while at the same time inhaling burning plant matter into their lungs

9. Cause weed enhances life. While alcohol detracts from it.

10. If its in moderation then you'll almost never have a bad experience in my opinion. For me, I just down maybe 5 or 6 shots then after that just smoke the rest of the night.
    You only have bad experiences if you get piss drunk and do dumb shit

11. Good for you. I have a close relative whose "marriage" was messing with the whole family. He hasn't taken a drink since July and you can tell he hasn't been this happy in a long time.

12. Heres a good poem a fellow blade wrote, that i really enjoy

This is the thread yo.

13. i thought the opposite once too. i went through a phase where i was trying all types of beers, sort of like how a wine enthusiast drinks different wines.

then you find out how good it tastes, and next thing you know that 6 pack is gone in an hour and your going back to the packy for more.

14. Packy? You from Mass?

15. This beer goes out to you OP!

16. lol yes i am. didnt know packy was a mass thing.

for all the ill informed "packy" means package store/liqour store

i did have a pint after work today...but i dont feel the need to get drunk. i guess that's a step right?

cold turkey is fuckin hard.

17. Moderation is the key. Keep it to say a pint to wind down, no more.
    And once you get that under control, start not drinking for a couple days a week and then try cold turkey. First 2 weeks are the worst but then its easier and you'll feel so much better...

My Grandfather was the same, I helped him sober up, it took 3 months but he did... He was sober for 2 and a half years before passing away last September

Good luck OP, I wish you my best :)

18. Ha ! It's called self control kids, been drinking for 30 years with no problems. Some people just need to stay SOBER.

19. preach mister lahey

20. I read the title as the naggin wife