Alcohol instead of water?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by CreditCardChase, Apr 10, 2016.

1. So I know there are a lot of liquids that you don't want to use in your water pipe because it will leave it sticky (such as sugary drinks) or the fats will "bond" to the THC (such as milk). But I can't seem to recall whether or not alcohol is an okay substitute for water in a water pipe. The reason I ask, is because alcohol has a much lower freezing temperature than water, therefore if you were to leave vodka in the freezer for a while and then use it as a liquid in your water pipe it would theoretically create a cooler hit. Please correct my error if there is one.

2. You don't want to do it. You're right about the cooling, you bet. But you probably don't want to inhale alcohol fumes. Sniffing/smelling alcohol is one thing, but deeply inhaling alcohol fumes is really fucking harsh.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Waste of both nd ewww gross

• Like Like x 1
  4. alcohol evaporates faster than water.

Inhaling alcohol is pretty dangerous because of the rapid bioavilibitly of alcohol.

It would also feel like inhaling mouthwash.

5. Aside from every other issue this could cause, I'm extremely surprised that every time someone brings this up nobody ever seems to mention how flammable alcohol is. The fumes more so than the liquid. You are literally holding a flame to it and sucking in burning plant matter. It could so easily catch fire and burn up the whole bong until there's none left or until the heat breaks the glass and sends the liquid fire all over your floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 7
  6. Can just imagine pulling a cherry through... boom followed by flaming liquid going God knows were

• Like Like x 3
  7. You use alcohol to clean your pipes, right?...because resin is alcohol soluble....just like it's lipid soluble...
    Go ahead, breathe the fumes, put the flame close to a volatile substance, then you won't even have to worry about whether or not the THC dissolves in alcohol.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Maybe you could use gun powder instead of alcohol. Or maybe you could go smoke through some Mercury. Or how about through some gasoline....

Come on man, you have got to be trolling or you're a fucking idiot.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Do not use anything other than water. Ever.

10. Darwinism at its finest.

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. The only thing other than water to use is specially formulated liquid that is non toxic and resin soluble that keeps the piece clean while you use it. I know it exists just not what it's called.

12. I know alcohol is flammable but it needs oxygen and heat to burn. If a cherry was pulled into the alcohol it would be immersed which, even if it had oxygen, would instantly cool it to the point it wouldn't burn. If you dropped a flame into the mouthpiece of the bong it would flare up and go out, like dropping a match into a liquor bottle. I still wouldn't do it though.

• Like Like x 1
  13. The alcohol would be producing vapors that would travel not only up the inside of the glass but also up the downstem and into the bowl. The second you held a flame to your herb it would ignite the vapors which would in turn ignite the liquid at the bottom. The bong is open at both ends and flames suck oxygen in so there would be plenty of it from the surrounding air.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ive used juices and stuff before to smoke out of, but the juice is literally only good for 1-2 bowls and then its disgusting smelling after. And leaves sugar residue inside the piece just my 2 cents tho.

15. Worst idea ever. All I can think of is snapping a bowl and the cherry coming through and somehow lighting the alcohol on fire. Just my opinion

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  16. Won't catch fire unless it's 100 proof. Most you people are just as ignorant as op.

17. #18 invinciblejets, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    You say that as if the alcohol catching fire would be the only concern......
    It's not a 100 proof so it must be fine to inhale weed through alcohol! Good logic.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Just go out and get totally hammered to the point of risking alcohol poisoning, then just piss in your fuckin' bong.

19. Never said it was ok. I believe some people just are not breeders. But standard vodka is only 80 proof, so all the people claiming you will burn your lungs are generally wrong. If the op wants to ruin vodka and herb so be it.