Al Sharpton needs to shut up and get a Job

Discussion in 'General' started by MoBUD, Oct 25, 2007.

1. I hate this guy. We all remember the Tawana Brawley incident, holding a girl captive inside a church for "sanctuary" so she cannot be questioned by the press and DA because she lied about 5 white guys raping her, because she messed up in school and had her parents down her back. She lied about "hate crime" this and "hate crime" that, to avoid facing her parents. Then, to avoid being charged for purgury in court, she stays in this church for a year, with funding and help by none other than Mr. Sharpton.

Look at what happened to the Duke lacrosse players once Al Sharpton got on the radical black side, and the incident didn't even happen! Some black girl passed out, got rubbed by white guys, didn't get paid enough, lied about getting raped, and who runs in? Al Sharpton.

And now, Jena 6, where the incident was blown out of proportion by all black radicals for being a hate crime in a town of Louisiana, where ANY situation that would involve white kids beating on a black kid would be handled with steadfast legal processing and jail time, is being backed by the most ridiculous piece of racist garbage screaming hate crimes.

I cannot wait for this man to have a heart attack.

2. I agree, the man is a twat.

3. damn straight!!! directly to the pit of hell with that piece of garbage along with that pimple on the ass of humanity the rearend jessie jackass! fuck those crybabies, all they do is bitch and moan about "whitey".

4. My brother and I feel the same way. I really dont like this fucker, has he really helped anyone? He just jumps in when something dramatic has happend and trys to steal the spotlight.

5. Let's just say i'm not a big fan...

6. It is people like Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton that are holding the black race back, not the white man.

7. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are both still stuck in the 60's civil rights era mentality. A lot has changed since then and they definitely aren't doing anything good for African-Americans as a whole. Racism still exists, but they're looking for it in the wrong places.

8. What i think is hes trying to be the next martin luther king. Except, instead of legit hate crimes n shit he goes after any white guy. Isnt he being racist by only caring about blacks and their needs? How come only smart people get assasinated?:confused:

9. Cause they're the only ones with the potential to start a revolution, and usually there's going to be at least a few pretty adamant people against that. Unfortunately change is a very slow process in today's world.

10. I believe it was a hypothetical question. He's just saying he wants good ole Al to get a slug to the dome. :laughing:

11. you guys just hate him because he's black... although he is annoying sometimes.

12. And what good is it going to do to wish harm to come to Al Sharpton? He isn't God, he's just a man that's able to exploit a situation that whites and blacks still refuse to completely examine or even acknowledge. He can continue to fan the flames of racism because society refuses to eradicate something that is ultimately the responsibility of everyone. The black community is suffering from statistics that are so grim I couldn't make them up if I tried.

In Dr. William Cosby and Dr. Alvin F. Poussant's new book "Come on People," they map out some of the very stark realities facing the black community and by extension the white community:

- Homicide is the number one cause of death for black men between fifteen and twenty-nine years of age and has been for decades.

- Of the roughly sixteen thousand homicides in this country each year, more than half are committed by black men. A black man is seven times more likely to commit a murder (excluding military actions) than a white man, and six times more likely to be murdered. (Black mothers live with these numbers. We don't know how they sleep at night.)

- Ninety-four percent of all black people who are murdered are murdered by other black people.

- The life expectancy at birth of black men is sixty-nine years, compared to seventy-five years for white men, eighty for white women, and seventy-six for black women.

- In the past several decades, the suicide rate among young black men has increased more than 100 percent.

- In some cities, black males have high school drop-out rates of more than 50 percent.

- Young black men are twice as likely to be unemployed as white, Hispanic, and Asian men.

- Although black people make up just 12 percent of the general population, they make up nearly 44 percent of the prison population.

- At any given time, as many as one in four of all young black men are in the criminal justice system-in prison or jail, on probation, or on parole.

- By the time they reach their mid-thirties, six out of ten black high school dropouts have spent time in prison.

- About one-third of the homeless are black men.

With odds like this a picture of just what blacks are facing should be formulating in your minds, but more importantly understand, that if blacks are to overcome these challenges it's going to take work from everyone. The problem is of such a dire nature that it isn't a matter of ascribing blame to a small group of people or individuals; it's a matter of coming together as a people to solve a problem that is impacting all of us.

No single individual no matter how charismatic is capable of holding the "black race" back, rather it takes a concerted effort from both blacks and whites but the main culprit is ultimately ignorance. Don't look to the media for the answers to society's problems, look to the communities that are disintegrating. Look to the daily apathy of the average American that is more concerned and consumed with individual interest than the greater good.

Yeah it's all well and good to blame media personalities for the ills of the world, so long as we don't have to look at ourselves.

Anyway...

Stay green.

13. All Men Are Created Equal? Shouldn't The Statistics Be The Same For Each Race? Statistics Are Racist!

14. Sure all men are created equal but when you mix in greed, lust for power, and an unequal distribution of resources you get something else entirely. The statistics don't lie, they simply reflect what life is like in America for blacks. The black community is in a state of emergency and no sane person can deny it. Perhaps the greatest irony of the Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton issue is that they bring attention to issues most would prefer to ignore.

I'm sitting back right now thinking about how good life is for me, I live in a good neighborhood, I have more weed than I can smoke, and I've got money in the bank. But damn, according to those statistics I practically hit the lotto.

15. They are just chasing the money...like Al Gore and global warming.

16. He is amusing I will say that.

17. He is a dick, but he isn't as big an asshole as the wife-cheating Jesse Jackson. He can suck a fat one.

18. Fuck all the preachers, they use the same tactics that Hitler used at the Nuremberg Rallies.

19. down with whitey,,,, ( wait a minute im white) fuck it,,, down with whitey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

20. The War on Drugs is a prime example of institutional racism:

1. Of the 250,900 state prison inmates serving time for drug offenses in 2004, 133,100 (53.05%) were black, 50,100 (19.97%) were Hispanic, and 64,800 (25.83%) were white.

Source: Harrison, Paige M. & Allen J. Beck, PhD, US Dept. of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics, Prisoners in 2005 (Washington, DC: US Dept. of Justice, Nov. 2006) (NCJ215092), Table 12, p. 9.
    2. "The racially disproportionate nature of the war on drugs is not just devastating to black Americans. It contradicts faith in the principles of justice and equal protection of the laws that should be the bedrock of any constitutional democracy; it exposes and deepens the racial fault lines that continue to weaken the country and belies its promise as a land of equal opportunity; and it undermines faith among all races in the fairness and efficacy of the criminal justice system. Urgent action is needed, at both the state and federal level, to address this crisis for the American nation.
    3. Among persons convicted of drug felonies in state courts, whites were less likely than African-Americans to be sent to prison. Thirty-three percent (33%) of convicted white defendants received a prison sentence, while 51% of African-American defendants received prison sentences. It should also be noted that Hispanic felons are included in both demographic groups rather than being tracked separately so no separate statistic is available.
      Source: Durose, Matthew R., and Langan, Patrick A., Bureau of Justice Statistics, State Court Sentencing of Convicted Felons, 1998 Statistical Tables (Washington DC: US Department of Justice, December 2001), Table 25, available on the web at http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/abstract/scsc98st.htm, last accessed December 21, 2001
    4. At the start of the 1990s, the U.S. had more Black men (between the ages of 20 and 29) under the control of the nation's criminal justice system than the total number in college. This and other factors have led some scholars to conclude that, "crime control policies are a major contributor to the disruption of the family, the prevalence of single parent families, and children raised without a father in the ghetto, and the 'inability of people to get the jobs still available.'"
    http://www.drugwarfacts.org/racepris.htm