AK47, Blue Dream, Tangerine

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Friendlytoker22, Jan 16, 2014.

1. A 400 would be perfect for ur garden bro but id add a few cfls to that dark corner untill ur able to get it

Sent From Pluto

2. Very nice! just cut my seedsman white widow, do you know the origins of yours? things are picking up nicely around here, since your ditching the screen you can always use l.s.t and topping to get the same results as a scrog and have more mobility, just a thought.... I think a 400w will serve you well, but if you're anything like me you'll wish you went bigger later on lol i think a 600 would be better for your area as long as you can keep it cool imo

3. Yea I agree, I have a similar sized area, but it's a tent, and I use two 600w HIDs

4. I've been LSTing, Super Cropping and topping my plants, well the 3 bigger ones, since they hit the 4th node mark. Plan to do the same to these new clones once they really settle in and grow a couple more inches. Best looking clone is the Iced Grapefruit. Love the coloration and how absolutely tight the leaf clusters are.

Traveled out to the Home Depot to get the new Metal Halid bulb. What i would have spent nearly 100.00 for at Urban Grower or some other Hydro Store only cost me 30.00 at the Depot. Granted it took me a moment to find, but i don't think ill be spending stupid amounts of money on over priced products i can get elsewhere anymore. I do plan on keeping U.G. as my nutes distributor though. Home Depot even sells T5 veg lights and fixtures for about 80.00. I've seen the same in grow shops for over 200.00. Depot even carries tents now. What what! lol anyways... The new bulb is fantastic, 400w of blue spectrum heaven. The plants have really perked up, clones as well. I'm still running 4 CFL's in the more red spectrum out on the edges. Doesn't really cast that much red light out but i feel its enough, plus gives me a little more light to see what I'm doing elsewhere in the room.

And now for pictures and things...

[​IMG]
    Here are the babies. AK's on the right, everything else on the left. Minus that black pot in the back, that's another Iced Grapefruit Clone.

[​IMG]
    AK trio. Don't know if they are all ladies or not, fingers crossed. Gonna sex next week(please no comments about waiting to sex, i have a plan in mind)

[​IMG]
    Foliage photo of healthy AK leaf

[​IMG]
    That Iced Grapefruit clone from the black pot. Love how close everything is, how tight and sharp the blades look. Very healthy looking pheno.

[​IMG]
    Bending on a AK main stem.

[​IMG]
    Cropping

[​IMG]
    And Cropping...

[​IMG]
    And more cropping hahaha.

5. Also, who knows a good deal about clones? I know "how" to clone and have cloned in the past with good results. What im questioning is the growth rate of clones. It would seem that these were taken partially into flowering, or at the very least 2-4 of them were. Maybe all were, i don;t know to be honest. When i took my last clone, it wasn't in flowering mode and it grew really fast, super branchy and hearty. These on the other hand, are slower than snails crossing tar on a hot day. I am assuming the flowering period is whats slowing the growth. Having to make that switch back to veg. Also, there are really long, and hearty roots on every clone, so im not sure if root development is still priority or what. Thoughts?

6. Theyre lookin good! As for the clones my clone was growing stupid slow till i watered it with superthrive afrer that it doubled in size in a week and root growth was great heres a before n after pic

Sent From Pluto

Attached Files:

7. Looks like i need to get some superthrive. How much does it run? My clones are doing better, i am noticing new growth, but its still slow. The AK's are growing somewhere around 2cm a day. super excited.

8. I got it at wal mart for like 10 bucks they got it at home depto to. I got the drop a cup one

Sent From Pluto

9. Ill look into it. Even more so if its that cheap. I have a wonderful little plant store next to my house that sadly doesnt carry shit for nutrients for some reason. Like they have bat guano and worm castings, but nothing like you'd find at a hydro shop. If i can give my clones a little boost, and help them catch up to the AK, im all for it.

10. I was actually pretty shocked walmart had it. It doesnt say the ingredients on it but its got a lot of vitamins in it and helped me a lot with root growth

Sent From Pluto

11. There's a wally world up the road from my place, but i think ill either go to Urban Grower or Home Depot to get it. I tend not to travel to walmart... something about it just screams go somewhere else. though they do have the cheapest priced socks, thats a given.

My clones roots are all in the 6-7 inch range at this point. I think the grower that the clones came from gave them a real over haul.

12. I like going to walmart around 1 or 2 am. Only cause the strange ass people youll see lmao they got the haynes tank tops for a pretty good price to. When i started using this stuff thought i had one root stretching to the bottom of this lil cup shes in now im gunna need to transplant any day cause shes almost rootbound. Im glad to cause i didnt think she was gunna make it

Sent From Pluto

13. Thats understandable. WalMart turns into Wally World after 12am. Every time i go though its always the ratchet mother with the thong up her back and screaming heathen children. Grinds me. grinds me bad. What kind of cups are you using? if its anything like a beer pong cup, you can actually take a razor and...

[​IMG]

And transplant the whole damn thing without really breaking its form. Less stress on the plant, plus less chance to fuck your roots up. Also, if you leave a little lip like I did(which gets cut off a little later) you can control exactly where your water flow is going.

14. I always see the hella fat people rocking the stupidest shit lmao what im using is just a lil pot lile this. But when i transplant lilcups lile this i usually tip it upside down n let the root ball just fall into my hand. I never have a problem with that but this superthrive stuff says its supposed to reduce transplant shock to

Sent From Pluto

Attached Files:

15. Yeah it would be kind of a pain in the ass to try and cut that like i do with my little plastic and styrofoam cups.I do the same as you though when transplanting from the 3 gal to the 5 gal pots, tip it upside down after kinda working the sides a bit and the whole ball slides right out all easy like.

My clones are starting to get that new growth in, but its still super slow. I wont be able to attain the thrive for a little bit longer due to being stupid broke right now. But soon enough. I've been giving all the plants a mix of Bat Guano Tea and CSN17 Veg grow formula. Its the nute line i really trust and is really easy on the plants. Oh and i gave each gal of water 1 tsp of molasses for easy sugar absorption. So they are getting pumped full of nitrogen at this point. The AK's seem to be on a steady incline of vegetation. I notice the over all diameter of the plant increasing a very notable amount each day.

Sadly i forgot my camera, so i cant put any new photos up. At the same time though, that's just fine as it will be easier to show development between photos and times.

16. Yea it would be aa pain in the ass to cut that plastic plus with the force ur be using to cut it id be nervous about cutting roots to. Currently i dont use any nutes yet but i got a package on the way from Nectar for the Gods idont know what exactly is in it but theyre charging me 32 bucks for shipping so it better be good! Lol but i got another package on the way from plant success to they sent me for free idk what products but there products are all beneficial bacteria. Its good too hear the aks are taking off on ya! Definatly need to post some pics i cant wait to see em!

Sent From Pluto

17. I haven't heard of either of those nute lines. CSN17 has a pretty big selection of nutes to choose from. They are not organic however, but are instead a very lightly synthesized mix of nutes. They mostly smell of mouthwash too, which is nice when you dont want to get hit with rotten fish smell or bat shit.

Pics will be up tomorrow evening. 

18. Nectar of the gods is organic i believe never tried em but the sample kit theyre sending me should get here friday or monday they said so well see if the shipping came to 32 bucks i think theyre sending theier whole line general hydroponics is supposed to be sending one to but idk whats up with that well see if it ever shows up

Sent From Pluto

19. I started off on the All Organic side of the garden. Figured that I wouldn't want anything going into my plants that i wouldn't want myself. Marijuana was supposed to be naturally nuted and cared for.

Well I quickly dumped that philosophy on my second grow after having a in depth discussion with my Hydro sellers at Urban Grower. Since they themselves are Marijuana Growers(they just have to be with how we communicate with one another), with a great number of years experience, I thought i could trust the information. And i was right. Botanicare has a huge selection of lightly synthesized nutrients that your plant will honestly love. But it goes so much beyond that as well, Botanicare aslo makes all sorts of set ups for Hydro and Coco/Soil grows.

this is just the nutes, but if you type Botanicare into the search, there are literally hundreds of mouth watering products to be had. http://hydrobuilder.com/fertilizer-soil-nutrients.html?manufacturer=227

20. Yea ive heard from a few different people botanicare makes great nutes. Im gunna see if theyll send me a sample. Im trying to test a bunch of different nutes before i spring for one company i mean theres so much stuff out there im trying to find the best of the best of the best and what better way than to try them all?

Sent From Pluto