AK47, Blue Dream, Tangerine

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Friendlytoker22, Jan 16, 2014.

1. All AK-47.
    Not sure of the sex on any of them.
    All 1 week old.
    \nFirst photo is from 4 days old.
    [​IMG]
    Started in 12 0z foam cups for easy transplanting.
    \n[​IMG]
    Here i cut away the bottom 2/3 or 3/4(however you look at it) leaving the top rim.
    \n[​IMG]
    A little close up on the details. Notice that small patch of brown in the middle from slight nute overload.
    \n[​IMG]
    Using the top of the cups, i sink them into the empty planters and fill with medium around the plant/inner rim. This smaller inner rim is easily removed and will help direct water directly to root area instead of letting water spread out and about.
    \n[​IMG]
    Each of those seedlings is now 1 week, 1 day old, and looking like this.
    \nThe plan for now is to Veg ridiculously hard for the next month. However, that month will not start untill these plants have reached a total growth of 4 nodes and have received their first topping.

2. I know the dates are a tad wacky due to me pulling this over from another thread, just tryin' to keep it all together for an easy read.

3. Update on the work.

Its been 3 1/2 weeks now since I've contributed any kind of update, be it word or photo.  The plants are doing well. down to 3 AK's at this point. I ended the smallest of the group due to its lack of strong growth characteristics. May have made a mistake though, my last runt ended up being my best plant. Any way...

[​IMG]
    Built a scrog for this run.

[​IMG]
    Currently running...

[​IMG]

So yeah, thats where I am at this point. The 2 Blue Dreams will be in soon, same with the Tangerine. Ill update again when they get in.

4. It looks like you have the wrong spectrum of lighting. It should be 6500k in veg which looks blue to the eye. What you are using looks a bit orange to me in the photo. Also don't feed nutes until the plant is a few week old. The soil should have tonight nutrients for the first weeks. Your plants look stressed. Giving nute and the improper lights are slowing the growth and negatively affecting the plants.

5. Its mixed, the same thing i used on my last plants. There's definitely more blue in the room than there is orange. The HPS that is in there is tiny tiny tiny. Plus i dont run it full time, its on a 3/21 schedule. I know Red spectrum is meant for flowering, but through the research ive done, and the past grows as well, this works out rather alright. I did notice the stress though and i appreciate the confirmation there. As far as the nutes go, the last watering was done with about a quarter of the nutes i would normally give a vegging plant. Hopefully i can quickly bring things back up to the "appropriate" growth spreed. I plan on getting a new 400w MH bulb for my system, money though has been the cause of that not happening just yet though. Thank you for the feed back man.

6. [quote name="Friendlytoker22" post="19351247" timestamp="1389876752"]Update on the work.Its been 3 1/2 weeks now since I've contributed any kind of update, be it word or photo. The plants are doing well. down to 3 AK's at this point. I ended the smallest of the group due to its lack of strong growth characteristics. May have made a mistake though, my last runt ended up being my best plant. Any way...[​IMG]Built a scrog for this run.[​IMG]Currently running...[​IMG]So yeah, thats where I am at this point. The 2 Blue Dreams will be in soon, same with the Tangerine. Ill update again when they get in.[/quote]Lookin good friendly, I'm tuned in. I know you get things under control, I'm watching. Also I've been having trouble getting a sprout out of one of my ladies so I switched seeds and I got sprouts out of both, I'm running with the Lemon Kush and Widow Bomb. The Lemon Kush Is feminized but that WB isn't, hopefully it's a lady as well.🍁 "MY CURRENT GROW: EASY RYDER"🍁: http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1263090-FIRST-GROW-EVER-%2AGrandmas-Secret-Garden

7. What are the origins of the blue dream? 

8. You know, im not entirely sure at this point(I wanna know too), but i will know by the end of the day. My guy is getting them from a "OG" chicago grower who has been dealing with this particular strain for about 7 years now, or so he says. He says though that he has the lineage, so when i have it, you all will have it.

9. For sure man, you have some awesome strains in here. Looking forward to seeing how they turn out :)

10. Yeah me too, and ill make sure to keep everything logged in to the best of my abilities. Every now and then i may lag a day and i really dont have access over the weekend, but ill definitely do my best. I got really lucky and sort of fell into the strains i have now. The AK was a mailed in gift from an older grower down south and my buddy just so happen to have this connection here that worked out in a positive manner. Fingers crossed for good growth. Now if i can just get my new MH bulb, ill be set for a good while.

11. looking forward to see how your tangerine turns out. Not to rock your boat, but I heard it's terrible. although if you got it from clone you might've ended up with an alright pheno.

12. such a shame to waste these strains lol

I've heard the exact same thing when I was strain-hunting not long ago. Although I have had some Tangerine Haze a while back that was some of the best buds I'd ever smoked, bar none. There have to got to be some killer Tangerine strains out there somewhere...

14. oh sure there are. it's all a matter of finding a mother with the right pheno. I've heard the Tangie is better though in terms of flavor profile, effects, and genetic stability. so, basically everything hahaha

15. why are they wasted...?

16. What are the genetics on your AK47 seeds? I've heard that Serious Seeds offers some pretty true-to-the-original AK47 but it is always out of stock. I've wanted to grow real AK for sometime now!

17. Im slightly confused on this myself...

18. Ok I see i have some over all catching up to do here.

The Blue and the Tang didn't make it in today due to my friend being a lazy bastard. Well, he actually didnt have transport for the plants, but they should be in today, fingers crossed.

Dishphead & NS89: Im not sure of the genetics of either the tang or the AK. The Tangerine is from clone, taken from a very fat and healthy mother. Never having messed with tangerine myself, i have no idea what to expect, but would love to discuss it with anyone who has prior knowledge of it. The AK im not so sure on myself as well. I sent a message to the guy i got them from, but no reply yet(its kinda late). Ill try to have something here for everyone soon.

Everyone wants to know origins, ill get origins.

19. I don't see why the comment was really needed, but I suppose I understand why it is you felt the need to make it. I get it, you're a "bigger" grower who, lets face it, is on a much higher professional tier than myself and others. I know this because I took the time to go see what you were about and what you offered to GC and its community. I will admit, you are a very knowledgeable individual and I'm even a little envious of some of your know all, you obviously know what you're doing and I certainly commend you on that. That being said, there is no reason to be rude about it, which is something you seem to do, either on purpose or by mistake.
    Instead of telling people that their set ups are too small and will never produce anything of worth, or the grow is wrong or this or that, is the wrong way to go about it. You should be spreading the knowledge and trying to help people better their own grows instead of rippin' on someone cause CFL's and a 24 inch grow cab is crap in your opinion. Not everyone has a whole room they can donate(along with the funds) to making a High Times worthy grow.
    Like I said, respect to what you, no disrespect to what you don't. In the end, I'm still very happy with what I have and what I learned. One plant that you're happy with is better than a room full plants your not happy with.

20. Dont trip on the haters man, you cant put a price on experience. I guarantee you will do just fine, and if by somehow you fail along the way, you would have learned what not to do. There are a lot of knowledgeable, supportive growers on this site. So with all do respect, screw that guy! Your off to a good start man, ill help you along the best i can. I started out small too, just do your thing and breeze past the haters :smoke: