Ak-48

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by steven_9101, Nov 6, 2016.

1. I'm growing ak-48 and this is my first time growing. I'm going to post some pics. I planted one in a pot and this Wednesday will make that 2 weeks in soil. I just put another seed in a soil and I started that out in a red solo cup. Two questions I have that I can't seem to understand is nolds or something like that where you suppose to cut ?? If anyone can show me pics or explain it better for me I will appreciate it. Also when do you start feeding nutrients thanks. [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Start adding nutes after some of the tips of the leaves have reached out past the rim of the pot.

I guess you're asking about nodes. A node is where the leaf petiole and side branch grows out from the stem. Usually in pairs until the plants are a few weeks old

I don't know what our mean about where to cut. What do you want to achieve by cutting ?

• Like Like x 2
  3. I remember always reading on ppl saying you cut the nodes to make 2 leaves. If you cut it again it goes to 4 something like that. Suppose to help branch it out

4. You're talking about either Fimming or topping. search those 2 here and look in the stickies. Sounds like you really haven't reseached much. Read up on how to grow this plant if you really want to end with some decent smokeable bud. Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  5. You're talking about topping or fiming , people have their preferences,

It can be terrifying at first dude but its one of the easiest things to do , rather then try and explain and scare you , it would probably be better for you to youtube topping cannabis,

And looking at your plants in my opinion i wouldnt be thinking about topping or feeding nutrients

My advice is just enjoy watching them grow and trust me the ladies will tell you when its ready

Just be super careful to not become an overbearing mother lol , i did it at first
    In and out of the tent every hour and being too keen.

Anyways man your plants look good

• Like Like x 2
  6. I appreciate that man. Yea I been doing that just want to do the best I can. I'll google topping and get a better understanding of it. I'll post some pics later on thanks for your guys reply

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Just lil update since last time I posted. I topped it yesterday and the plant seems like it still doing fine. I started feeding nutrients aswell.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Question... do you guys only top your plants only on top. Or do you top your plants on top and sides ect. ?

9. Good job with the topping bro! In a week or two you will have 2-4 main nodes replace the one you topped off and you can top those and they will all double and you will have a nice bushy even canopy.

10. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161116/66153d918db7d6f7e0847b568e7dbcb6.jpg[/IMG

This is most recent pic right here. I just top again

Sent from my iPhone using [url=https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=77999]Grasscity Forum[/url]

11. This is a pic just now. I just topped it again yesterday. So that all I need to top right?

12. For now yeah. you only wanna top the highest nodes. You can keep topping and scrog her out or turn her into a monster mother plant to cut clones off. Depends on what you wanna do with her

13. I'm not at that stage lol. I'm doing a ghetto setup out of a closet lol. Eventually I'll like a more legit set up but that will come in time. Right now I just want a healthy plant that will produce good quality weed

14. [​IMG]

Free my Medicine (Lmao)

15. Can someone plz tell me what are those lil white things are

Free my Medicine (Lmao)

16. If I top, I usually top when I have the desired amount of side branches so there will not be any more topping.

But when I have a mother plant, I will top it leaving just 2 nodes. Then top those branches leaving 2 nodes on each (4 in total). Top those again in the same way and I'll have 8 branches. Even when the plant is big, whenever I cut clones or prune it back, I always cut it back to 2 nodes so it just gets bushier and bushier.

I'm not sure what you mean but I guess it has to be either pistils, perlite, or trichomes

17. #20 steven_9101, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016