Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

airtightness

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ChiLLZ, Apr 23, 2003.

1. im makin a waterfall bong out a 2 L bottle n im just wonderin how 2 get tubez 2 bind 2 the bottle airtight and water tight without using glue... how do u guys do it?

n e help apreciated

2. precision. what are you using for a bowl? do you plan on making this a filtered waterfall? use a pointy pair of scissors to drill a perfectly round hole in the plastic top. i fyou gett the sizes right it will be tight enought to avoid any type of adhesive. at least that is what i do

3. if the bowl is metal and has a decent sized stem, put a lighter to the plastic cap til it looks a bit melted, then push the stem right through quickly. it should be completely airtight

4. melt the plastic just a lil, then jab the tube through..then pull it back out just a little..the DO NOT MOVE IT AT ALL..then wait till it cools off, then pull it out.

5. I usually make the hole by melting the cap with a lighter just a little then using a phillips head screw driver. Then to make the straw, pen thing or whatever seal I use a little bit of gum. Works wonders. I was able to make one seal without gum the other day, but that was with a special nifty straw and required precision lighting and trimming and stuff until it fit just right.

6. gum works good for sealing. i personally use silicon sealant.:)

7. I found a couple things of silicone caulk at home so that should be nice when I get home to stay for the summer. Here at school I improvise so gum is good.