Airsoft anyone? [Pics of my toy]

Discussion in 'General' started by vc77, Aug 20, 2008.

1. #41 Sam_Spade, Aug 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2008
    Bullshit.

I can't find any mention of anything airsoft over 400 ft/s.

Even a .22LR hits 1000+ ft/s

Kinetic force is equal to one half times mass times velocity squared. You do the math.

EDIT: i found this

[​IMG]

2. #43 Jinxx, Aug 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2008
    Okay now that I got that out of the way, I'm about to explain what airsoft really is, as far as it goes considering "hardcore MILSIM (military simulation)" style of airsoft.

Airsofters are usually very responsible. At large events (Anywhere from 75-200 people), everyone has objectives like you would in real life, and we are extremely cautious about safety. Some events require full face protection, others just require full seal ANSI rated goggles. The day plays out like a day in the boots of a soldier, of course with out the hard times and bullshit and real risk of dying. We are given a scenario, and then objectives to complete. The CO (Commanding Officer) breaks down the team into squads and orders them to fulfill certain objectives, such as Offer aid to the civillians, supply efficient cover to the airfield's landing strip, secure and disarm the IEDs (Improvised Explosive Device), and recover the documentation for the scenario. Things like that are what you do.

Your main objective is not necessarily to "kill" the enemies, but actually to use your weapon as a tool to help you accomplish your objectives, and to stop the enemy from accomplishing theirs. Here is a video to an Operation that happened a couple years ago, and happens annually every year. That video was made by Taskforce Black eagle, and I've met and worked with the guys, they are pretty cool.

Prices on decent rifles (AEG: Automatic Electric Gun) can range anywhere from 120 to 300 dollars. The prices even go upwards to $1,500.00 per one AEG, but those are top notch, Systema PTWs (Personal Training Weapons) alike the ones that the military uses on base to train our soldiers in real life. SWAT teams and other police forms use them for practice also. Hundreds of dollars can be dumped into these replicas to upgrade them to shoot faster, further, or more accurately, even for durability. Not to mention the hundreds of other dollars you dump into vests, magazines, speed loaders, accessories, dump pouches, uniforms, goggles, bbs, etc etc the list goes on and on.

Normally 'out of the box' a decent AEG shoots about 280-350 FPS, depending on the brand. In different states, different airsoft organizations require different age limits. Per example, in Ohio, you must be 18 or older to be able to use a replica firing over 400 FPS (Feet Per Second). Anything over 600 FPS is generally forbidden. We also have MEDs (Medium Engagement Distances) which means that if your rifle is shooting at X FPS, you have to be at least X feet away to fire upon someone. This is for safety purposes. It may seen ridiculous but these field owners have to save their asses so they aren't sued because some jackass decided it would be funny to break Jimmy's tooth out five feet away at 400 FPS (also why there's an age limit for 400 FPS or higher). For example, 349 FPS or under, arms length away, if you are shooting 350 FPS or higher, you must be at least 25 feet away (When you think about it, 25 feet is really NOT that far) and if you are shooting over 400 FPS, generally you are stuck shooting semi-automatically with a MED of 50 feet. Over 450 usually requires Semi-automatic and about 75 feet MED. Over 500, you usually need to be 100 Feet away with a bolt action rifle only.

Some people may think that the rules and precautions we use are completely ridiculous, but we have to do this in order to save our asses from losing our beloved sport. When it reaches news that people are being irresponsible and hurting other people with these replica firearms, its one notch closer to the judge racking his gavel and banning airsoft. Many of us take this sport seriously, and generate much much fun from the game, acting the role of Military, leaving out the harsh duties our brothers and sisters have to stomach overseas.
    I didn't include much about airsoft here, but just a little edge about the game and what really goes on in the play styles of a serious, MILSIM oriented airsoft player. Time, dedication, honesty, responsibility, and money. I'm sorry I havent posted pictures of my replicas yet but I do promise I'll get around to finding some soon. (Many of my replicas are in Ohio)

3. no its different from airsoft. your thinking of a pellet gun. in most states you need a permit.

4. maybe ill take pics of my arsenal in the morning!

:) glad to see other gun nuts on this site.

any got any real guns?

5. Yeah, but it's against forum rules to discuss it, apparently.

6. Sounds alot like paintball

7. Not quite. Who puts a 4x20 scope on thier paintball gun and provides sniper support from 300 feet?

8. So essentially it's more of a pain factor rather than being marked with paint that determines whether you're in or out? Sounds like fun.

9. You my friend are yet to discover real action paintball.

rap4.com

10. I have 4 AEGs and 3 GBBs and a whole bunch of equipment, but I've played like 2 times within the past year... :(

11. i remembered buying my nephew a airsoft gun for some reason, birthday or some other reason, it was a crossman from walmart, it has re-chargable batteries like an r/c cr and the box claimed 600 rounds a minute,

my sister said he was to young :rolleyes: i have it around the house let me see if i can find and get pics, another buddy left a full auto uzi here somewhere

12. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CA M15A4 RIS Base

CA Crane Stock
    CA M203QD
    G&P TOA1
    Prometheus Tighbore

Systema Internals
    380 w/ 25s

13. my paintball thread>this thread.