Airf0nz0 Blue Mammoth Auto

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Airf0nz0, Aug 1, 2012.

1. #21 lalamann, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2012
    your soil may be getting just a tad too warm, those raised serrations on the edges tell me your plant is transpiring too much in an effort to keep its roots and/or foliage cool, at this age you can probably have your lights as much as 6 inches away, and move them closer as more foliage grows which allows it to transpire MUCH more efficiantly. This might be why its a little small, it may be putting more energy into transpiration than it is into vertical/outward growth...just a thought, hope it helps

(you would be surprised how little light seedlings can take without stretching, my indoor was only under three 9 watt cfls for the first 4 days and stayed squat and bushy, i StILL only have it under 50 watts, and wont be uping it too 100+ until i ACTUALLY need it, YOUR seedling could probably do just fine under 25-30 watts until its big enough to traspire and grow in tandem

btw check my journal, got quite the surprising picture update on it ;)

edit: not implying heat stress, just that the soil may be just a BIT too warm, im thinking at day 9 you should be a bit further along, this was my indoor indica at day 8 from breaking soil lol (1 gallon pot might have allowed a bit more room to grow though, i start all mine in 1 gallon or bigger from SEED)( i didnt always, but it is nice never having to worry about transplanting my indoor plants and messing up roots)
    [​IMG]

if you dont want anyone else's pics gunking up your journal lemme know and ill gladly take the photo down lol

2. ^keep the pic bro, love seeing everyones plants

And yea I agree about the heat. I backed the plant down a bit couple days ago and the edges are slowly going down. Good to know about the lights, I won't have to worry about backing it down even more if needed, thanks.

3. #23 lalamann, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2012
    yea the first day or two you want the lights close and planty of circulation, but once the true leaves develop you can back the lights quite a ways away, not too far, but you only really need a lot of intense light to control the stretch once plants start gettin 12 full hours of darkness, but autos are probably the exception to that xD

don't know if there is any science behind it, but using 2700k cfl with 6500k to begin with, instead of ALL 6500k, seems to result in shorter squatter plants with more rapidly expanding foliage growth.

ive also got the response that adding more red wavelength light during veg can increase hermies, ive never even HAD a hermie out of probably 30-40 total plants sexed in my short carreer, but there may be science to back that claim, never had a reason to research any further into it lol

others have said red wavelenght prevent the stems from growing strong enough to support the bud weight, but thats not a problem indoors as far as i can see, that is what stakes are for lol

Just my experience, don't take it as fact lol, i know there are people with A LOT more experience than me here, but in the cannabis growing culture there is also A LOT of mis-information floating around xD

i cant wait till you hit the point where growth takes off and it looks like a different plant every day, im going through that period right now, and since i just went to 12/12 a few days ago it makes it even more dramatic lol

4. Yea man, i was just thinking about putting in a warm bulb today but I added a daylight instead. I'll see how it does and I might just put in the 2700.

5. The daylight probably wasnt a bad idea at all, and it gave me an idea...lol

wouldnt running half 2700 and half 6500 (which is what i usually do) be kinda the same as running all daylight bulbs? (they are 3500k yes?) ima have to experiment with some daylights next grow during veg:ey:

6. I wouldn't worry about the "wavey" look, my easy ryder had the same thing going on for a little while but it didn't affect anything.

7. As long as its looking healthy its all good

8. Started LST today. Also put it under more lights, 4 6000k and 2 2700k. Have another 2700 off to the side but I doubt its doing anything.

Attached Files:

9. lookin good. how are your temps?

10. Yay, Fonzi. I had been wonderind when you were gonna start a new plant. Guess I missed you.

Subbed.

11. Not sure about temps at canopy lvl. Leaf edges were starting to curl up again so I dropped it down some.

Whats up Billa, good to have you. Everyone else too.

12. #32 lalamann, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2012
    you might want to find a way to measure temp at the canopy, in the words of Jorge cervantes, the cannabis plant's growth is SEVERELY halted ass soone as the internal temperture of the leaves hits 85 degrees farenheight...i live by that rule and just look at my babies

vid update in my outdoor journal, and for the hell of it and for the bump here is ma outdoor babies...coming along nicely :D

[​IMG]

and since my light cycle indoors matches the otside natural cycle, when the days hit even 12/12 i may move my indoor outside to catch the diminishing light cycle perfectly. And maybe the switch to cooler night temps will bring out some purple :D (assuming it is female)

this may turn out to be an experimental grow for me xD

13. ^Busted out the probe food thermometer. 81 with fan 100%; 86 @ 50%

14. Oh ya!... sub'd for round 2!

15. sub freebie are the shit !

16. then i would keep it at 100% just to be safe, you need all the growth you can get, ESPECIALLY with autos

i have also seen autos pump out a pistil or 2 by the 4th node so keep a look out, as soon as pistils show i would pop in ALL 2700ks,

just out of curiosity, since it was a freebie is it regular seed or femmed?

17. Its an autoflower so i assumed it was female. Do they have regular and feminized auto seeds?

18. DAY 13

Watered today. Plant not growing fast at alll. Temps are fine, leaves healthy color, was a little droopy but it was just thirsty. Maybe its focusing on root growth, or maybe it hated the low stress training. After this week I will slowly introduce nutes. The last pic I re-did the lst to open up the bud sites a little more.

Attached Files:

19. #39 lalamann, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2012
    i have no fucking idea xD, never been interested in growing autos personally, just like watchin friends and people online grow em

come to think of it i know a few people that grow em from Nirvana seeds, and i dont think they have ever had a male with em, maybe autos are fem only. ive just never had fem or autos, or freebies for that matter as all my seeds come from l.ocal growers for fear of the harsh penalties in tennessee, alot of the people i have got seeds from said their seeds came from seed banks, the most coomon around here seems to be nirvana

anyone got info for sure on this? i dont feel like searching right now:smoke:

hey man, that aint bad growth for 2 days at ALL compared to most autos ive seen, it actually looks like since the lst the growth has picked up a bit, still looks like it heated a bit from the leaves, id got down to 2 bubls untill the plant is bigger and it can transpire for the extra heat

20. She's looking awesome! I can't wait to get my cheese started after this plant's done.