Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Air Travel with Weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by OC Joe, May 14, 2019.

?

What is your experience traveling by air (domesticaly) with weed?

1. No problem

100.0%
  2. Yes, weed was found and I was busted

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, weed was found and I was released

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Weed was detected by scent (dogs or equipment)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. This was in a larger international airport

33.3%
  6. This was a smaller local airport

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. One of my adult kids was recently visiting. We both live in weed friendly California but she was flying between her place and ours. I do micro grows and tend to have more quality stash than I can use and am not licensed to sell. I offered my daughter about an ounce to take home but assumed she would decline for fear of being busted by TSA. So she called the airport police and just asked them about air travel with weed. They told her that all of their checking passangers is focused exclusively on finding explosives, NOT weed or drugs. They then transfered her call to TSA and they said exactly the same thing. Apparently TSA dogs smelling luggage are only concerned with explosives. They make no effort to find weed but if they happen to find it they have to turn the passenger over to a marshal but weed is not illegal here so what is a marshal going to do? The world really is changing and if weed is not legal in your state it probably will be soon. Well, maybe not states like beautiful Georgia where the crazy Evangelicals run the state.

2. Meanwhile at a Canadian airport...

a7obnw9rc0u11.jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. very smart to call for yourself and ask like she did.
    I tell people to do that because they don't believe me when I tell them that the security at airports could not care less about your personal amount. out of courtesy and for peace of mind, get everything smell-proofed but then do the old "act normal" routine and play ignorant if anything happens. "oh, well it's legal here, and I must've accidentally thrown it in my bag while packing. want me to throw it away? do you want it, sir?".

4. also, you're a cool dad, OCJ!

5. #5 Foloon, Nov 16, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    I think this is a bad idea. do not spoil your trip with such things. I am sure that you will get a lot of positive emotions while traveling without taking drugs. I buy airline tickets and travel the world regularly with my friends. every trip gives me the opportunity to discover something new for myself

• Like Like x 1
  6. If you are carrying anywhere and want to avoid detection, you have to be scrupulously clean. Plastic won't do the job. The smell goes straight through it doesn't matter how many layers. Therefore you have to make up a foil bag using thicker than normal aluminium foil and hot glue. Unfortunately this will show up on a security xray machine so it has to go in checked baggage. In general carrying through air travel is not worth the risk. I have done it but using methods I won't describe here.