Air Cooled reflector questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Whodi, Aug 20, 2006.

1. I'm looking at a Hydro Farm MH/HPS system. It comes with an air cooled reflector. What does it mean when they ask if you want the tempered glass option? And I was looking at an inline duct fan. How do you install one of these? I want to run 4 inch duct from light to ceiling, venting into attic.

Thanks,

Whodi

2. The glass option is for the bottom of the light. My old Hydrofarm 400w got hot as hell without the glass shield. I think you have to buy the 4" adapters for the sides in order to run ducting and fans to it. I would put the fan on one side blowing on the light and ducting out the other side. What size light?

3. Anyone know?

4. I'm using a 600w hps with a coolable hood with tempered glass. I'm using a 6" vortex fan along with a 6" inline duct fan...and this is how my setup looks like..hope this helps.

as far as the glass goes..I read somewhere in here that u will lose some lumens. I personally think its good.. keeps the heat contained within the reflector and the vortex blows it out.

Attached Files:

5. Does the vortex suck the air out of the reflector, like a bathroom fan, or does it blow? And is that fan pretty loud?

Thanks

6. its a blower...sucks in from 1 side...blows out the other.
    Its not loud at all..atleast for me being its inside a cab.

7. I have one of those exact fans in my closet grow i got going cire420 it works wonders! the temp is always perfect and airflow is awesome with not tooo much sound