ahh, yo be a kid again

Discussion in 'General' started by crackrockstdy89, Jan 26, 2011.

1. I miss that aspect of life, just living day by day, concerned with nothing but having fun, getting enough to eat, and without all the addictions, cold-hard truths and competition in the world.
    I was thinking yesterday how most adults don't live in the moment and make up random games with buds or just go out to "Have fun" anymore. It's all about how to survive for the day, dealing with the stress of working long shifts and losing your creative aspects.
    HUman nature is no longer the fight for survival and natural animal instincts, survival of the fittest and who could last through the seasons. Instead of walking miles to get fresh water and hunter for food, we shop at grocery stores and have take-out delivered to us, relying on some quickeasy fix to get necessities.
    No love for competition anymore, nobody lets their aggression out on competing in tournaments or actually getting outdoors and playing any type of sport, just for the fun of it. So many "sports fans" are just older fat lazy dudes who own every sports-package Tv deal, and do nothing but chomp pizza and sip beers watching football all day. Without they haven't ever actually got off the couch and played a sport in their life besides dorito chomping
    It's sad, the instinct of nature and live to survive and explore to compete has been so convenient nowadays (food and everything available) that our instinct tells us we have to compete somehow.
    It's all about who makes the most money, nicest cars, and stock benefits, fancy hair-do's and ponytails, fuck that
    Let's burn this motha' down and rebuild, a worldwide Woodstock, hackey-sack tournaments and all

2. Want to know what we don't have to worry about? Barbarians or tribes of merciless killers roaming around and pillaging the countryside, thanks to the police and military services, along with the groceries, cars, hair-dos, etc. that come along with modern society.

Also, if we were trying to be survivalists, we would want to focus more on natural remedies. Sorry, but if I broke a bone, I'd rather go to the hospital than some guy who will make a sling out of a palm tree leaf or something.

3. You're right, technology sucks...:rolleyes:

Sports fans are just that, sports fans. Go start a pickup game if you're that pissed...

4. Mmmm... i dont really want to be an adult ): ...
    good thread! :)

5. If we were all child-like we could kill each other just for the fun of it instead of being all serious about it.

6. Ha ha ha

7. Ahh lord of the flies type shit. I remember when I was a kid I used to jump up every morning and run to the living room. Just seeing the sun beam in through this old screen door we had made me feel at peace. I knew my dad was outside working on his car and the world seemed so big to me. Now when I get up and look at the world through my adult eyes it doesn't seem nearly as big. I wouldn't want to go back for anything. I would just like to feel that child like peace we all once had.

8. i think thats the way we would live naturally.. without government, schools, jobs, etc. :smoke:

and yeah i miss the hell out of it.

9. Yeah its pretty sad when you think about it.

Sometimes I wonder if with religion, civilization, laws to follow, and all our modern healthcare, computers, TV's cars and houses etc.. and such a heavy energy consuming lifestyle, are we happier than a man who lived lets say 400 years ago in a relaxed small tribal village on a tropical island, with no worries in the world except whats for dinner tonight? And will our governments, lawyers and corporations and ever advancing technology ever lead to a perfectly happy society? In the end when you think about it, all that really matters is your happiness. What is the meaning of all this if it makes no one happier.

That said, I am happy and worry free for the moment atleast. I have ended my depressing pizza store job that was leading nowhere, and started an industrial electrician apprenticeship where I am learning, doing and achieving actual work which leaves me with a sense of satisfaction at the end of the day, instead of performing a series of repetitive, menial tasks each night. I like my job and once I am qualified, I am guaranteed $45 per hour and can choose my hours so all my worries of "will I have a good job" and "will i make enough money" are gone. I am also in good health, I live a healthy and active lifestyle with sports and hobbies, I have enough friends, and I have a gf that I like being with and I love my family

I try not to get sucked into the materialistic lifestyle, or get caught up with who/who isn't popular like so many people do, and enjoy life for what it is. The best things in life are free (for now)

10. Meh...life is literally what you make it. Redundant statement, but it's true.

Anyone who is not happy in their current situation has the ability to change it. I live exactly the way I want and do whatever I want whenever I want. That's all I needed and I made it happen.

11. #11 fukface, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2011
    I know how ya feel. But before we start indulging ourselves in all those nostalgic feelings for earlier, simpler, more primitive times just remember - there's a reason we have indoor plumbing. Hauling water, heating it for baths, shitting in buckets, out-houses, and all the rest of those bathroom duties really sucked! So did having 1 out of 3 babies dying in childbirth or early childhood (not to mention dear ole Mom), tuberculosis, pneumonia, curing and preserving foods with no refrigeration, plowing and planting by hand, and..., well, all those other zillion niceties.

Yeah, modern issues with government, religion, society, and all the rest of the modern rat race shit really does suck. But the alternative has a few drawbacks as well. We can read Thoreau's Walden and think how nice it would be to not have all this modern insanity fucking up our minds. But to be fair, we should also remove our rose-colored glasses and look at the reality that lies behind those hypothetical, primitive scenarios. That reality wasn't nearly as pretty as we imagine.

12. I feel ya about the sports fan thing i got friend who likes to point how he would have did something when he sees someone on tv messing it up. So fuckin annyoin when his team wins he goes around sayin we won and he acts he was MVP of the team out there scoring half the points i just sit bac n:eek:

13. the police and military services ARE the barbarians and merciless killers, they just changed forms

prove me wrong

14. They belong to the government. Proven wrong. Next?

15. I dunno, I don't think I want to go and revisit my childhood to be honest. I have a 4 year old and seeing life through her eyes is enough.