Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Aging Firecrackers

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by SalSilva, Jun 5, 2012.

1. I know theres a sticky about firecrackers but it doesnt really answer this question so please bare with me. It is to my understanding that instead of cooking firecrackers in an oven you can simply let them sit for a few days and most of the thc is still extracted because heat only speeds up the process. So how would the potentcy of a fire cracker simply sitting around for a week compare to one cooked in an oven for 20 mins?

2. Ive heard 1-2 weeks is good but its all trial and error really since there isnt much info about that method in the forums.

3. well said /thread

4. really just one of those things you gotta try for yourself to find out. i've followed a few different tutorials on making firecrackers and not one of them alone seemed to do the trick.

personally i would just go ahead and bake it, i can't imagine tying up .5-1g of bud for 2 weeks just to find out it doesn't work. there's other things you need to look into as well like decarboxylating and even the type of oil/peanut butter you use

5. I was told by a reputable member that 3 days is satisfactory, Im gonna find out tommorow I might just bake it just to be safe though

6. #6 jkcole, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2012
    In order for the sit out method to be done properly (potency wise) , the first step is to decarb for sure. This is a crucial step in the process of activating your herb. The other problem with peanut butter is it is only 50% fat compared to coconut oil, which is 100% fat!

I am against using peanut butter as a solvent (personal choice and opinon) because it just doesn't work as well for me. With a low tolerance, it will work. But you lose alot of potency and waste herb by needing alot more per dose.

That being said...

The sit out method requires weeks to be absorbed into the fat, which helps your body absorb the cannabinoids. I would recommend about a month for a pretty potent edible. Week and a half or two min.

Just keep in mind the potency you're sacrificing when using peanut butter. You may want to use about double what would get you stoned in a night