Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Age limit sign off

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by paperboi, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Hi I'm quite new around here, in fact entirely new to this scene (not to mention the internet in general). Let me first start by saying I am above the age of 18 and I do have a respectable family. However my son has been having severe migraines as well as nausea, to the point where he cannot even eat a small meal in order to take some Excedrin to repel his previously mentioned migraines.

I have been reading around and have heard of there being an age limit to receiving a medical card for medical marijuana (I live in California) and wanted to know if this was true, and if so there were any medical papers I may be able to sign for my son, or if anybody had any medical advice of other remedies.

I have set up an appointment with our doctor, but I would like to be informed before I speak with him. Any help would be appreciated.

2. I knew someone who was 16 or 17 with a card, he had glaucoma. I think they'll do it for more serious stuff.

3. As far as i know, those under the age of 18 can get a med card with parent consent.

4. ya im going to second that one, you will deffinitly need to be there and pick it u for him and wat not, but if you are there to fuill the papers and stuff it shouldnt be a problem

5. I don't know anything about age limits (I live in NJ) however this segment on 60 Minutes may provide some insight. http://rawstory.com/news/2007/60_Minutes_California_medical_marijuana_system_1231.html

Scroll to the bottom for a video of the full segment.

If your son is really in so much pain I recommend two things. If he cannot get a card, get one for yourself, the segment shows how easy it is to get one (woman who complains of foot pain when she wears high heels gets one) and also, psychedelic mushrooms, AKA Shrooms, have been shown to provide relief for chronic migraine victims.

Good luck, and my thoughts are with your son.

EDIT: I found this. Form for Medical Marijuana Program of California.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/294791/Medical-Marijuana-DHS-Application-Renewal-Form

Suggests a minor can become a patient and use medicine.