After topping a plant, it grows back?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Upinsmoke420365, Jan 12, 2017.

1. #1 Upinsmoke420365, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    OK I topped all my plants like 2 weeks ago, sure I didn't miss. A few i recut and lol they came back. Several have grown back, or grew back as weird growing leaves and some didn't. Just wondering if anyone else had this issue?

2. Every time you top a plant, you split it...or get two sprouts coming out where there was once only one. Having lots of tops is OK, but just remember that the more tops you have per plant, the less size you get per top. And always do all your pruning, etc., during veg. Don't want to cut around on a plant once it's gone into the flower cycle. Some strains are very sensitive to stress and will hermie if you do stuff like that. But if you're meeting the basic needs of the plant with light and nutrition, you can do all manner of weird things to a plant during veg and it will just grow right on like nobody's business. But don't get too crazy with it or you'll end up paying for it in the end. TWW

3. When you top a plant, you get 2 (count em....two) whole new colas in place if the single cola. I had a cat literally sheer of the entire top of my plant. The bottom branches went nuts with growth. It's a weed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oh I must have confused the info I read and watched lol I assumed it just made the two side shoots grow as the main 2 tops in stead of 1.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

5. Pics always help as I'm not really sure what issue you're having. When you top a plant (take the single top) the next set of branching becomes the new top and has 2 shoots, one each side. Unless you tried to FIM and didn't do it correctly, Thus resulting in same single top.