After receiving fresh clones

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sparks207, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Well hello,

I have a friend who is recieveing 20 clones in a few days and he is wondering what is the next step.

Well first he has 2 400 watt lights, inline fans a 5x8 grow area with two even tables, the temp in the area is regulated with a rennina heater outside the grow area. Temps are already 76-80 and humidity is 40/50 range. Been running to it get ready for them. So conditions are ideal

His question is tho. What is to do next? They will not be in the final grow pots he will use.

Transplant them?
    Water right away? Or leave in darkness? Or put under light? What cycle?
    How long to grow before veggin?
    Any tricks? How far from light should they be?

Any other advice would be helpful or if you have questions I'll answer them, to help better help the stitulation
    Thank you

2. so are they rooted or non rooted,

if rooted i would put in 4 g pots, under 24/0 hrs of light(m/h)

veg them for about a month to 2 months depending on room space and everything, once u put them in 12/12(hps) they could double even sometimes triple in size,

if u got an air cooled hood about 10 inches form the light, if not air cooloed put it 18 inches away

if u got any other question or anything let us know, if there not rooted let me know and ill shoot u some more tips

3. Well Ty for what you have stated already. I will find out your question and answer it here

Yea one light that a inline fan to it, other has a blower exhaust hooked up to it.
    Good space, room for growth, for sure...

So 24 light for how long? Or is 24 light vegg stage? Then 12-12 is bloom?
    He has seedings under 18-6 is that wrong or right?

4. well ive read lots of shit were ppl liek to use 18/6 to save electric, i like 24/0 from seedling to bloom, and yes 12/12 is bloom,

there 3 main veg light setting ppl use, 18/6, 20/4 and 24/0, and 18/6 is fine i just think it grows faster with unlimited light,

so everything else seems fine to me so far, sounds liek u got somewat of an idea on wat u want to do

5. I'm pretty close to where Tri OG is save that I go to 1 gals and veg 18/6 under
    T5s , either way will work. I go to the bigger pots from the 1 gals give a week
    to stabilise a bit and click , dependent on strain of course.

A word of advice spray *all* clones that come in the door for spider mites
    nowadays , I don't care what the folks you get 'em from say.

When you transplant don't overwater initially , and pay attention to
    what soil you're using and the nutrient load it does or does not carry
    there are many soils that will carry the plant for quite some time.

Many folks kill a plant with kindness at some point , overwater
    overfert etc.etc.

6. yea hes deff right about the cloning shits, i got a friend who has over 30 plants and he got one deathstar clone that gave all his plants spider mites, that y i bought my own seeds and made my own mother 1st, knock on wood but no bug problems yet

7. Well Ty all and I will use both ideas. Very wise

Yea 18-6 for a couple months then 12-12 couple months

8. Another question how long after recieveing them would you start using nutes...
    Advanced nutes will be used but what. Beginner with nutes here so starting out slow

9. Well if anyone anywhere has any ideas for them let me know

10. depending on soil most ppl i see wait a week to 2 b4 using nutes

11. Bumpy bumpus j. Bumpo