After Germination

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DjViP2002, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Sofar I have got all the help I need with the Germination and I think my seeds will be ready to be dropped (trap root facing down, 1 inch deep) into soil within 12-24 hrs ...After its in soil do I need to give it light even there is no sprout out? does the soil need to remain moist most of the time?

...Can I get a Direct answer without getting some URL'S...Thanks Again!!!

2. sounds good what you have done so far. you dont need flourous untill you see the sprout. you could put something over the top of the pot to keep the soil moist. you should see a sprout in 1 to 3 days.

3. koo...i'm just waiting for the trap root to get a little longer...i was told that it could put "soiled" now because its ready to grow...i will place in the soil tonight or tomarrow morning...the trap root it about a little smaller then half the seed...LaTER

4. Hi again!
    So poke a hole and plop in the seed gently, then cover the hole with a little soil.Then u want to keep it humid till it sprouts, so cover the pot with some cling-film or a plastic dome or something.The plant wont need watering once the soil is already damp.When u remove the cling-film/dome then water can evaporate and u will need to start watering then.The plant wont need light till it reaches the surface, but a having your light on anyway will keep the temps up and they'll receive light immediately when they do pop up!
    Wot light u using?
    CWL

5. a floro right now...until its more mature imma switch to a HPS lamp...KOO?

6. i've recently done the same thing, i watered it one good time when planted and left floros on it 24/7.. ive watered it 2 times in 5 days.. this is day 6..

Attached Files:

7. Yep :D
    Floros are best for seedlings since they have a lower intensity light and a better suited spectrum for the job! Then as soon as they get a little older u can switch to hps! Good Luck!
    CWL

8. how long do you sugest i leave floro's on it after it sprouts? about how tall when i should switch to HPS Lamps?

9. So, after the seed is placed in it sprouting cup, I should cover it completely with like saran wrap until it sprouts, then give it air and start watering?

10. bout 6" i suppose, The floro's will lose their intensity a lot after this distance so you would be better off switching to hps then to increase the overall growth.

Ya cover the top of the cup/pot with seran wrap/cling-film, when it sprouts u can take it off and then you'll start watering (Dont over-water though).
    Guys, Im being real nice even telling ye all this, All this info is in the forums and on loads of other sites, Start Searching and reading up on stuff for yourselves.The best help is self help ;)
    Good luck!
    CWL

11. ok...im just waiting for these lil guys to pop up...I have about 5 seeds in cups w/ soil and some still germinating

12. i have 2 questions...

1. do i need the floro on before it sprouts? (like right when i put the seed in the soil?)

2. does it make a difference if I use an HPS or a Heat Lamp? (like the ones for lizards...)

13. And yes there is a huge difference in using a hps and a heat lamp!
    One way you'll get Juicy Buds and the other way you'll cook your plant :D
    Ive helped u as much as i can DjVip, now u gotta go lookin for some answers yourself! Just Search the forums with the 'search button' and read as much as u can before u go asking q's that have been asked a Million times before!
    I like helping out newbies and all that but I or any1 else wont Spoon feed ya!
    So look about the forums and stuff and find some stuff out for yourself ;)
    Heres a good start for ya, courtesy of Sid, www.geocities.com/quickgrowguide/ <--- Read it and then Read it again and again!
    CWL

14. i am just worried that if i leave a floro light on now i will need to add water because the soil might dry up... and i seen that you shouldnt add water from when the seed is planted to when it sprouts...

15. If u cover the top of the cup/pot with cling film/seran wrap, then the water thats in the soil cant escape through evaporation.Thats why u should cover em with it, so no moisture is lost and u increase the humidity!
    The soil wont be able to dry out that way! ;)
    CWL

16. ok...this is what i have done and when it was done...
    Sept. 29th 6:30 AM...Placed 2 Germinated Seeds In there cups*
    Sept. 29th 3:00 PM...Place 3 More Germinated Seeds in there cups*
    Sept. 30th 4:20 PM...Added 5 more seeds to Cups*...
    All are in seperate cups with ceran wrap covering it and I'm just waiting. During the day I leave half outside(5) and half inside(5) under a floro...And During night they are all under a floro. I am doing this to see which works better for next springs grow... What do you think of what im doing?

* Cups were ready with soil that was all preped (watered and whatnot)