after germination

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Xx_SyNDrOMe_xX, Jan 8, 2009.

1. after i germinate, i was think about cutting a rockwool cube donw one side and sticking it in it, then closing it n sticking it in a small pot n filling with hydro rocks.. it this the way to go? or will somethin happen..

Should i hand water till the roots start comin through the pot?

or just put it strainght in the system....

2. There should be no need to cut the rockwool. Your sprouted seed should fit niceley in the predrilled hole in the top of the rockwool.

Personally, whenever I grow hydro, I wait until the roots push through the bottom of the rockwool to place it in my system. I typically keep them in a large tupperware container with a vented lid until this time. I find it is easier to control the moisture level and it also saves electricity as you don't need to run the air pump. Once the roots break through putting them in the netpots with hydroton should work just fine.

Good luck.

3. would u place the rockwool on the bottom of the pot n fill or put a layer of rocks first?

4. I usually put in a single layer of rocks first. Then, place the rockwool in and fill with rocks.

Good luck.

5. ok, the seeds have sprouted, they have popped up and r just comin out there shells, ive placed them in rockwool..(these ones r from seeds) now there just starting to open there water leaves, should i leave them in dark untill they open them properly or put them under lights

6. Put them under the light. :)