after germination in need of help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by penfold, Feb 20, 2004.

1. I need help... I started to germinate 11 seeds using the damp paper towel method, after 24 hours they began to show white roots coming out of the seeds, I then used tweezers to plant them root down in some all purpose compost but only two seedlings came out of 9 i planted! Can anyone advise where i went wrong??

2. Some take longer then others to break the surface.

Out of the 10 seeds I started germinating on Sunday, 8 sprouted tap roots (the white roots), and since then only 4 of them have broken the surface of the soil. Still waiting on the other 4. Hopefully they'll come out from hiding soon.

Remember, germination can take 10 days sometimes. Just be patient.

Good luck!

ps: I use Jiffy-7 peat pellets and a "Germintaion Station." It has a tray, clear plastic cover, and a heating pad to go under the tray. It keeps the atmosphere very humid and at about 80 - 90 degrees f which is right where it should be. Its worth the $20.

3. The soil might not have been wet enough and the temps were to low or to high also you might have transplanted to oearly, i like to have a 1/4" tap root before transplanting. Or you just need to give them time.