After chop then what?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by BigKent, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Ok I am sure there are a thousand posts about this but I can't seem to find any so here goes:

Choped today...nice amber colors, so I chopped and am hanging but after that does it go into a paper bag or is that another way of drying? then they go into jars for curing?...I know its basic but this is my thinking...please correct me if I am wrong

Bigk

2. so I take it that you are harvesting? if you are then after you chop you just hang them up side down in a dark and ventilated place until a week has passed over. After the week you need to cut your nice buds from the stem and give anoher week to pass over,( you can tell if they are ready by bending them and a good snapping sound is made.) and then your can put them into glass jars for curing.

3. Hey man thanks for the info...I am in Michigan....burrrr...I love the cold ! :hello:

4. his advice is drying your crop too much. talk to fly for good advice.

5. Just wanted to clear up hanging the plant upside down after harvest does not in any way increase potency, just an easy way to hang dry ;)

Clip off big buds from main stem, hang them inside a cardboard box in a well ventilated place for about a week. When the stems snap i find them TOO dry, so remember that.

From there, cut big buds into smaller buds and put in Glass jars or 100% airtight Lid-Lock containers for curing. Let the lid off for about an hour a day then close and remain in jar/container.

Post some pics of the harvest! :D

6. curing is fairly easy but takes patience. first, manicure the buds. take off all unwanted leaves. save this trim for bubble hash. run some string in a room to hang the buds on. put an oscillating fan in the room. you want air circulating around the room, not on the buds. a fan on the buds will dry the outside and not the inside. a good temp. is 70 degrees. to test bend the stem. when it snaps it's ready to put into (mason) curing jars. open the jars 3 times a day for 15 minutes. i turn the jar a bit so the buds don't stick to each other. pack the jars loosely. too many buds in a jar could cause mold. after a couple weeks start giving the buds a little squeeze to check their consistency. when they feel the way you like them, they're done. properly cured bud is a beautiful thing. periodically open the jars so they don't mold on you. you can store them this way indefinately.

7. he lives in Michigan, I think it will take a little longer for his buds to dry than where you are at, and also get a microscope and check the trichomes, some people perfer the cloudy/amber look but its really depending on how you want it.

8. I have a quick question about drying. I was plannin on hanging my harvest in my closet (after removing some clothes) and shutting the doors. Will this work? It'll be nice and dark in there. I have a large ceiling fan in my room but its not directly blowing into my closet or anything. Its about 76 degrees in here too

9. Sounds perfect. Keep the closet door close except for a half foot crack i'd say. Keep the fan runnin a couple hours a day to circulate air.