After Bonnaroo 06

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Hallucinogen, Jun 21, 2006.

1. If you had the pleasure of being a part of bonnaroo 06, talk about your experiences/things you did there, favorite bands, where your from and how long the drive was. If you bought a piece down there, post a pic of it.

After the 14 hour drive from philly, we got settled in camp "jeff spicoli", Checked out shakedown and got my fair share of shrooms, some molly, headies, hash and opium. (all the doses i got were fake though) :mad:

The mushroom fountain is a godsend considering the scorching heat, shakedown street was definately one of my favorite places to be and centeroo was pretty cool...it felt like you were at a state fair...without the rides and 100x the amount of drugs.

Umphrey's, Bela Fleck, Disco Biscuits, Phil Lesh, Radiohead, Soulive, Tom Petty were definately my favorites.

2. DUDE!!! I was suppose to go.... I sorry I had to go cry, but did anyone go see Oysterhead? Come on man its like Phish and Primus mashed together oh well please people do tell what happened.

3. anyone see Bright Eyes?

4. I came from Raleigh NC, it was around an 11 hour drive. I got some nice shrooms and some dank ass brownies day 1, then i just got high as hell the rest of the days. Day 1 i saw The Motet, The Cat Empire, and DeVotchKa. all 3 of those were pretty sweet and my friend had this green laser pointer that goes all the way to the clouds so that shit was crazy. Friday I saw Ben Folds, Steel Pulse, Oysterhead, Tom Petty, Umphrey's McGee, and the last half of My Morning Jacket. Me and some friends tripped hard as hell before Umphreys started and had to go outside and listen from the lawn to the left of the tent because it got to crowded and some crazy mother fucker kept tapping us lol. Saturday I saw The Magic Numbers, Buddy Guy, Rusted Root, Damian Marley, Blues Traveler, Beck, Cypress Hill, and Radiohead. I was tired as fuck so i didnt stick around for Superjam, but I heard it was awesome (Les Claypool, Trey Anastasio, Phil Lesh, Stewart Copeland, among others.) The last day I was burnt out but I still got to see Soulive, Bela Fleck, then as we were leaving we listened to Matisyahu. We left before Phil Lesh because we are going to see him here in raleigh in about a week. But all in all I would have to say Oysterhead was the best group at Broo 06'. Sorry if that didnt make any sense, kinda blazed :hello:. Hope I can meet up with some of the blades next year.

5. Bonnaroo was incredible, but we had a hard time finding any bud. We went to tent-only and found an awesome spot on 3rd ave, about a five minute walk from centeroo and a five minute walk the other way to shakedown. Phil Lesh blew me a way. By far the best show I've ever seen. I was completely speechless when the show was over, literally.

6. i was working in the ben and jerrys tent by the main stage of bonnaroo so i couldn't get high but it was awesome anyways.

7. Alright, we left my town about noon on thursday, and arrived at the site in around 5 hours. Not bad at all, and traffic was almost non-existant, maybe 30 minutes tops. So my two buds and I begin to set up the popup camper and canopy outside the camper. We decide to hit up the grounds to score some supplies for the day after finishing the rest of our 1/5th of Captain. Nugs weren't as plentiful as years past but we managed to score some "organic trainwreck", which was pretty kill though who really knows if it was actually TW. We head inside to see the Wood Brothers, it was pretty cool, but nothing crazy. Listened to a few songs and decided to head out, pretty buzzed from the rum and buds and chill for the night. After all, Friday was going to be a big day.
    Friday: First off, it was hot as hell this year, and it was hard to sleep past like 9am because the heat was rediculous. We'd chill and puff around the site for a while, head out to the grounds about 12 or 1 to pick up supplies for the day before we head in centeroo. We got a 1/4 of boomers that day and probably some more nug. And now that I think about it we may have had some good beers too. Anyway, the first show of the day was Mike Gordon and Ramble Dove, which was ok. It was really nice to see Mike again, but I wasn't feeling this project too much, and we wanted to check out Umphreys at the sonic stage. We head there and this show was fun; a short set as it was the sonic stage but still fun. After this we decide to head to the main stage, eat our shrooms, and wait for oysterhead. Hadn't seen them before, and it was good to see trey up there having fun. Stewart seemed to be having the most fun up there, and the show was good and fun, but not exactly the tightest performance I've seen. Definitely worth going though, that's for sure. The trip for Oysterhead was great, and we waited for Petty and caught a few songs. We weren't expecting much, and these frat boy types in front of us were screaming with every song so we bounced out of there after maybe an hour. Good to hear Petty, but we wanted to rest for late night. We go to our site and chill out for a bit, then head back to centeroo for Umphreys late night. Good set, lots of fun as always, but we didn't stay for the Biscuits, instead headed over to the tent where lyrics born/common/blackalicious were. We were dead tired by this time and arrived in between common and blackalicious' set I imagine(i passed out) but I woke to blackalicious and chilled there before we headed to our site for the night. Overall the first day of solid music was fun, and we knew we had alot more in store
    Saturday: Our First show today was Damian Marley, which was fun. Had the crowd dancing and lovin' it. Good performance but I got burned out after a while. We knew we wanted to get a good spot for Claypool so we headed there and caught the tail end of Gomez's set, which was ok I guess. But claypool was nuts! Loved this show, one of the highlights of the weekend for me. And damn, we had to miss MMW and Cypress Hill for this but definitely worth it. Here's where we fucked up for the weekend, we went to our site to save our energy for latenight and pass on the main act of the night, radiohead, as none of us were really fans. Well late night time rolls around and we're too lazy to make it back to centeroo and little did we know we missed the trey/mike/duo/phil performance. Oh well, live and learn
    Sunday: Today we made it out to Soulive, and caught a bit of their set before heading out in search of the rest of our goods we were going to be taking home with us. Got that established, then headed back to centeroo for Matisyahu. This was fun, but got old somewhat fast and their guitar player thought he was god, although he sucked. Next we caught atmosphere, which I had really been wanting to see and I wasn't dissapointed. Alot of raw energy and the crowd was eating it up. GOod times. We have to go back and get our stuff together as we are going to leave at PHil's setbreak because my bud has to work at 7 monday morning. We get everything together, I take another 1/8 of mushies for the phil set and we head off. I was tripping pretty hard for this, but the show was amazing none-the-less. Good thing we left when we did, there were some raging storms that swept through the area right after we peeled. Overall it was a good experience but I doubt I'll go back. Too many people and the lineup may just be too weak next year. Ended up bringin a 1/2 of nice buds, 1/4 of good boomers, and a nice sidecar hammer piece home with me. Some highlights were the Claypool show, atmosphere, Phils show, and it was nice to see trey, les, and stewart up on stage for the first time in 5 years. Wow, that's the longest review of any show I've ever posted. Whew! Now its time for :smoking: