Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Afraid to Smoke Again

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by WackyTobaccy, Jan 13, 2009.

1. I started smoking around June of 08 and to about August when I smoked some shit and I don't know what happend but I guess I had a panic attack or something. I had a hard time moving, i couldn't feel my arms or my legs, I had auditory hallucinations, I threw up twice, i had rapid breathing and then real slow breathing and I was miserable. Now i've been afraid to touch the stuff. I used a small glass pipe and only really smoked a bowl. From August I didn't really smoke until last week when I just took one hit from my friends pipe and I had kinda a hard time breathing. Whats wrong why are these things happening I had great highs before. I also should mention that I've had asthma all my life idk if this is contributing something to it. Anyone have any ideas on what I should do?

2. well i'd say the trouble breating is your asthma... my mother has ashtma and she smokes so maybe your case is just different.

about the hallucinations and sickness... maybe your weed was laced with something bad, or it was just bad weed. did you smoke too much? maybe you couldn't handle it.

just try and smoke small amounts... make sure you're getting good weed, ask your dealer etc...

:bongin:

3. when you inhale do 50 smoke / 50 air, and take one to two hits and wait. just be with some friends and have a good time and relax.

4. Try not to smoke a pipe get someting with water Bong,bubbler i use to have the same problems but then i jsut switched from the pipe and It dont happen no more

5. You got some options

Stop Toking. (pffft yeah...right)
    Not get Laced Weed ( unless it really wasnt laced )
    use your inhaler when you smoke ( im assuming its the asthma )

I have horrible panic attacks and I am in a constant state of nervousness/anxiety. One time i had a horrible panic attack when i first started toking and it was really scary. But youll be fine. Dont smoke so much and relax. Make sure to be in a good environment!

6. when u say hard to breathe u mean like u feel ur throat closing?

7. ***** got the spins

8. One of my brothers had asthma, he started smoking at the age of fifteen or so and had a hard time because of his breathing issues. Later on the breathing eased up and he was able to control himself. Eventually his asthma just kind of left as he doesn't have trouble breathing now.

But besides your asthma you said you were experiencing hallucinations as well? It was either good weed that fucked you up and because you're a beginner you werent sure of what's going on. or it was laced.

You also said you puked, which is common for beginning smokers. The very first time i smoked i puked after about my third pull. Perhaps you're pulling too hard. Try gentle pulls. Gentle and small pulls. Puff a little bit after that small and gentle pull. And let it go once you feel the need to exhale.

I'm not sure if you want to keep smoking, but if you do just be cautious and gentle. Don't abuse anything, just let everything drift into place. Let the buzz chilllll.

If you're completely freaked about the thought of smoking again just don't do it. Not sure if it's even possible but maybe you're allergic to thc? So yeah, just be careful and stay safe.

9. I have asthma too and while cigarettes can set it off, I find that weed does just the opposite and actually alleviates the symptoms.

10. I agree 100%. Ive had a asthma attack before in my car and i couldnt find my Puff so i just took a hit of my joint and it went away

11. #12 WackyTobaccy, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2009
    yeah, thanks 4 the awesome suggestions but idk i used to have nice buzzes b4 but then my friends said to get high i had to inhale it and hold it in for like 10 seconds and idk i wanna smoke again but im scared too. why is smoking out of a pipe bad? idk if this helps but im 18 started when i was 17

12. You dont have to hold it in for 10 seconds. You actually dont have to hold it in at all. 3-5 seconds at the most. Also, different things are different. With a joint, holding it in may help. With a gravity bong, really bad idea to hold it in at all. Stop holding it in, that would get you back to where you were in the first place.

13. Don't hold your hits in for as long. Many of your ailments could be contributed to a lack of oxygen to the brain

14. just go with some freinds and smoke like two hits from a pipe and only hold it for three seconds. slowly go on from there in an hour if you like it and want more.

15. MY LORD YOUR FRIENDS ARE JERKS. No wonder it was hard to breath. All thc is absorbed in 3.5 seconds. Anxiety is normal. Especially if your a worry wort. (like me) Nothing wrong with being worried but just remember you smoke weed to relax so set up a nice chill spot and enjoy. Puking is totally common for newbie tokers. Even Veterans. Alot of times people swallow smoke which turns there stomachs or the get a crash in blood sugar which makes them wanna vomit. Auditory hallucinations are very common. Just 2 weeks ago there was a thread on a website that had like 50 posts where people were saying that could hear music in there head after the blazed up.

One thing i do wanna mention is I also have a hard time breathing sometimes. Normally its after taking a giant bong rip or a bucket hit. Just to much smoke for me to handle. So just remember you dont need to impress anyone with the size of your hits. Your smoking to get yourself high not to get others high. Hope to get good news from you soon :smoking:

16. I have asthma, and I definitely have some problems sometimes. I just slow down and suck in a little bit more air with each hit. I really don't know if it was asthma related, but you should definitely just try it again taking it nice and slow and breathing a lot between hits.

17. When I first toked none of that crazy shit happened, I was sittin in my friends kitchen tapping the back of my head on the wall for a half hour waitin for the pizza to come, and i was actually having fun doing it. OMG MY FIRST HIGH WAS SOOOO FUCKING GOOD OMG I WISH I WAS THEIR AGAIN.

18. like peter tosh said in one of his songs "good for asthma, legalize it yeah yeah." :smoking: dont know if i got that right but oh well.. maybe you need to stop taking big hits like no bongs maybe just fill p a pipe of smoke then take little hits and drink water also idk any of his cuz i never had asthma but sorry these problems are affecting what you like or want to do :(