afraid to sleep in my own house?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by rawrfish, Jul 8, 2011.

1. so ya its 3am and I'm too afraid to go to sleep! I'm visiting home for part of the summer and since I've moved out (3 or 4 years ago) I've always rented out apartments. My old home is huge. like 3 full floors, my room itself could be its own apartment if you just added a kitchen. I HATE large homes, I'm never going to have one. I keep thinking I hear a door opening and its obviously not. I'm tripping a bit but I'm so embarrassed that as an adult I can't sleep because I'm so afraid! I'm exhausted and just want to sleep! Anyone else afraid to sleep at night for whatever reason?

2. It's gremlins...

Once in awhile I'll get a little creeped out, get that feeling like some one is watching you, chills up my back at my house. It'll give me the heebie jeebies for a second, but I get over it. It's never stopped me from sleeping or anything like that.

3. On rare occations

4. If I was in a normal apartment with roommates I don't get scared. Its just in this big ass house with only my parents down the hall :hide:

5. Quit whining, I would kill for a three story house.

6. step one: get drunk
    step two: get high
    step three: pass the fuck out

7. #7 Simmerten, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2011
    Wow were opposites lol. I hate living in a tiny place, I feel cramped or something. I wanna own a house that I could get lost in lol.

Edit: oh yea, I cant fall asleep if I find a bug in my bed. Like after I kill it and lie in bed every little itch and feeling down there I freak the fuck out.

8. Same here man, same here. The other night I woke up with a bug on me. I blew it off my hand, but then I got freaked out because it might have landed in my bed. After that my night was just... unpleasant.

9. Yeh me too man i hate it when serial killers tap on my window with big butcher knifes and sowed up mouths when it's raining... you just have to ignore them man they only want attention :rolleyes:

10. good thing its a 3 story house then..? i want to know how the zombies fly man..

11. ask your parents if they still have your nightlight and blanky.

12. what's with the hate? I found out today it was my cat going in and out of our doggy door, so I wasn't just hearing things! I was afraid because I'm not a very big girl, if someone did get in the house and jumped me I'd be fucked. Legitimate in my book.

13. Ehh I dont think it's "hate".

But when you post on a forum, as an adult, about being scared to sleep in your own house.... well you should expect a little fun natured ribbing.

14. The zombies got wings brahh :D

15. Pussy. I am constantly fighting murderers and psychopaths that invade my home. It's a part of life, deal with it you fuckin' baby...

I stash weapons around the house for easy access. You should do the same.

16. She just said she was a girl, should calm your clams now guys with the name calling

17. i was just teasin, haha no hate. I lived in ypsilanti, MI and it was a weird night if you didn't hear gunshots. scared the fuck out of me and i paid the guy for my months rent and said i'm fucking out after 2 weeks
    But sorry if you took my op the wrong way, I was in no way being serious haha

18. I just got done bagging 4 serial killers that tried to avenge the deaths of the previous 10 serial killers who tried to break into my house.

Damnit there's not enough room under my floor boards its over flowing with dead bodies......fuck

19. Sounds like YOU need a bigger house. assume the life of one of your serial killers with the biggest house, they don't need it anymore.

20. The bigger your house, the harder it is for the serial killer to find you.