Afraid of heat

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Skurr, Feb 3, 2009.

1. My grow room is 3.5x3.5x5'. I have a 400w HPS with 4 CFLs. I dont exactly have a way of creating a tubed ventilation for the HPS because its in an attic. Since its in the attic, I cant just cut a hole in the side of my house, sadly. Im just worried about heat. Since it is winter, the attic does get pretty cool. So maybe during the 4hrs the lights are off it'll cool down. Also, hoping to put a fan near the entrance to circulate some cooler air from outside the blockade.

2. It would be possible to draw hot air with a good fan and send it to another location via ducting. Since you are in an attic, why not just duct it to the opposite corner of the space? Since it is winter, I would guess the attic stays pretty cool. Should work to take the heat out.

3. So buy one of those silver tubes and run it to the entrance of the room, its a blanket that hangs and keeps the room insulated, and point it in that direction? Something like that lol

4. Yes, run your duct from the fan to a far corner of the attic. It should help keep your temps down.

5. i'd build a cool tube and blow the hot air into my house. free heat kinda lol

6. what u could do is find the fresh air inlet to ur attic and expell all of your hot air out that vent.most new houses are supposed to have this vent so if ur house if fairly new you should have 1. or if u have exhaust fans in ur bathroom usually the piping from these fans are ran threw the attic to the roof so u could always tap into that. just my .02 cents lol

7. My dad built the extension which is now 2 bedrooms and a bathroom and that attic. So I doubt he put a vent in. I didnt see any up there. Just received my 4x100' of mylar :)

8. Just keep the fans going and it will help with heat. Like others recommended run the duct from the grow area where the fans are to the opposite side of the attic. This way most of the heat will be blown that way and keep your immediate "grow area" a bit cooler.