Afghanistan Death Toll Is Shocking

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MadMunchies101, Nov 14, 2010.

1. afghanistan is not a good enviorment for our soldiers,,,

just look at what happened to the russians when they thoughtt they could overrun that place,,,,

the people there are not afraid to fight to the death,,, and they will be victorious,,, even if they fight for the next century,,,,

some battles werent made to be '' won ''..

i.e. vietnam,,,and korea,,,,,,did we the u.s. actually claim a victory there,,,,no....

and afghanistan is a waste of our military's time and useless killing of our soldiers over there,,,,

:cool:

2. I was deployed to Afghanistan last year, you wouldn't believe the amount of resources and money is wasted out there.

Sent from my FroyoEris using Tapatalk

3. Shhhhhhh, don't tell anyone about the death toll. If people learned how much money went into killing our young men and women, they might not support the war!

4. Fighting an UN-winnable war over there is basically declaring an endless war to the American citizens. It's time we brought our men home to their families! End the empire! Let's bring back the Republic.

5. Funny that since Bush is out of office the "news" seems to have lost interest.

6. Bush's legacy in the white house was the wars and being a war time president. Barack Obama is about being a president to bring economic and social change to this country. Not being a war president.

But his economic and social change isn't for the better and he is still a wartime president none the less.

7. WE are still "at war" and he increased the troops in Afghanistan by 100,000.

But I understand what you are saying. War/Death/Destruction takes a backseat to Americans bank accounts.

8. yeah is kind of funny how the left leaves it alone now that its a liberal war president.

9. think of what the '' minds'' behind the reason we are in afghanistan...

the taliban......

shit a bunch of '' street-thugs''....

theres another reason,,, and it aint oil,,,,

but what is it,,,???????????:cool:

10. Well it IS oil. We need to protect our pipelines there. Also there's the military industrial complex and any other special interest that profits off of war.

11. Basically, all you need to do is take a quick gander at NoHzee's avatar.

That's all that needs to be said, really.

12. Why does this information need to be shoved down the throats of the world ?:confused:

Perhaps it is Joe American that needs this information rammed down his throat...

13. Yeah... I figured "the world" would have a bigger impact and sound a whole lot better than "Americans":smoke:

You're right, and thats what i was hoping to convey, that the average American, especially now that bush is out of office, knows very little about what is happening to our soldiers in the east.

14. Until the average American sees war and the horror it brings on US soil they will not understand.

The average American is in a bubble thousands of miles away from the slaughter. They have no understanding of what is happening..

November 2010 - Honor The Fallen - Honoring those who fought and died in Iraq and Afghanistan - MilitaryTimes.com

15. Agreed 100%

And to a poster above commenting about Obama/Bush War. This is an American war.. who cares what President is the one who authorized troops; but how can we get our troops home? Gotcha on Obama doesn't talk about the war; but spends money and adjust troop strengths in the theaters how it benefits his political agenda (I will decrease troops in Iraq.... buuut your going to Afghanistan).

Obama does need to talk about the war.... I hate this out of sight out of mind thought our nation has on not just the war; but anything that does not affect them DIRECTLY.

Kinda like how hot dogs are made.... ;) WITH KETCHUP ON THEM! :p

16. More shocking is that few seem to care about all the dead innocents.

17. But I bet they know whats happening with the Kardashians or complain about the price of gas for their over sized SUV... gotta love the majority of our nation.

18. Afghanistan has been the graveyard of empires for quite some time now....