AEROPONICS w/ Advanced Nutrients ? Simple?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by cooguy45, Jan 15, 2008.

1. I'm thinking of going aero .

I want to try the Aquamist System I've heard they are pretty easy "just add water" systems.
    The only problem I can see is that I use strictly advanced nutrients mainly their bloom-micro-grow- moderatly heavy plan . For those who don't know their formula changes weekly so I have to make a new mix every week.

My question is, for the aero grow would I have to drain the res and refill every week? Or do I just add more nutes straight into the res w/ the old water in there already? Keeping an eye on the PPM levels should give me an idea of how strong my water is. Hopefully there is sum1 here who already grows aero w/ AN nutes.

thanks

2. you should drain and refill about eveyr 10 days or so. otherwise the solution will get too acidic and become harmful to your ladies. I just add water w/nutes to my resevoir until ppm rises too high, or until the ph drops below 5.2 or so. try to keep it in between 5.5-5.7 though, good luck aero promises some dank piff:wave:

3. yea i dont think i have to worry about the PH dropping too much the water over here is so hard its like @ 8.5... im thinking of getting a RO system.