Aeroponics VS. Hydroponics - Which Is Better?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Romain, Nov 5, 2007.

1. both r good i would recomend aeroponic but ebb n flow ur looking at bigger yeilds with aeroponic it grows faster and more crystally buds

http://www.aquamist.com/index.htm

2. ok quick Q, im planning on doing a stealth indoor clset grow wen we move but which one is the best for having short plants i dont want big tall plants i need em small so i can hide em better

3. If you haven't done either, maybe look into DWC, like bubble buckets. Fairly easy and not to expensive to set up.

Papigan, maybe start your own thread. Neither growing style affects plant height, its the genetics of the strain of plant. Indicas are short, Sativas are tall. Do some research.

4. Yeah i'm still deciding I really don't feel like going out and building something though So i'm really looking for the cheapest price around

SUGGESTIONS STILL APPRECIATED THANKS!

5. check this out.

COCO COIR
    is a product derived from the husks of the coconut.
    Visually it looks like peat.
    It's air capacity is about 30%.
    Coir is most suited as a run to waste medium.
    Coir can become saturated and it is not truly inert medium.
    This means that the nutrient will change over a short period (due to the nutrient collecting micro and macro elements as it passes through the coir.
    Coir tends to release potassium and to withold calcium.
    For this reason it is desirable to use a nutrient that is blended specifically for coir.
    Coir has a remarkable capacity to protect the plants root system in times of heat.
    It also tends to promote vigorous and healthy root development.
    Plant growth tends to be very consistant with coir.
    Coir is very tolerant of over and under watering, which makes it a very forgiving growing medium.
    Coir has a very strong cation exchange ability, which means it can hold and release nutrient elements based on the plants needs.
    Coir tends to retain nutrient salts. because of this, less nutrient (lower ec) is required.
    On a less positive note, coir can also contain high levels of sodium (salt)....
    If your growing in coir be aware that this can be a potential problem.
    Either purchase a pre-flushed coir product or flush ph (5.5-6.0) stabilised water through the coir prior to use.
    Measure the ec of the water and then measure the ec of the run off.
    When they are the same, it is ready for use.
    Large amounts of potassium are naturally present in coir.
    Potassium competes with calcium and magnesium... buffering and plant nutrition needs to compensate for this!!
    For this reason there are several nutrients that are specifically formulated with the coco coir's unique characteristics in mind.
    By using a nutrient specifically formulated for the coir based system, you are ensuring that your plants are receiving the best possible nutritient package.

6. I just build a bubblebucket and it wasn't hard at all. Cost me maybe $40.

7. I think aeroponic fog is far superiour to mist because the root hairs are allowed to stay all bristled out for the maximum amount of surface area for absorbtion. Aeroponic misters are a lot like a hydroponic system with a lot more dissolved oxygen for that reason. The true aeroponic power is in fog I think, but have yet to test it. It just sounds like a good guess. Also, the huge aero gardens at Disney Epcot use fog, and I know they are using the most advanced growing techniques available.

Aero trumps hydro for a lot of reasons but hydro is a good system to learn with before going aero.

Aero is cutting edge.

8. Awesome guys thanks for the help

I've done a soil grow before but wan't to try out Hydro cause my yeild was a little low (not blaming it on the soil cause alot of things could have happened, but wan't to get my feet..wetter :p)

I got enough room for a 10 gallon Res. and am planing on buying a put together kit from eBay for like $45 shipped or building one from scatch..haven't decided