aeroponic vs. soil journal

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by dire_wolf, Aug 24, 2006.

1. it is a rainy day so i d ecided to make a journal it is my first one so i thought it should be a good one. i saw somewhere on the internet that aeroponics plants grow up to 60% faster then plants planted in soil so i am making a simple grow journal that tests the 60% increase in haverst times. it should make an intresting journal i dont know if anyone else tryed this

i have 5 trainwreck seedlings 4 of them are going to be in the aeroponic oxegen enriched enviroment setup and the 5th one is going to be in the soil then are all going to be under the same lights in the same room inches away from eachother they will all have the same conditions: temp, humidity, ventalition, the only thing that will be diffrent is the growing medium i germed the 5 seeds in rock wool and then put 4 of them into 3 inch net pot with hyrdoton pebbles. for nutes i am using davids grow it is a 3 part nute systme with a base grow and bloom

base n1.6%-p1.8%-k7.4%
    grow n2.8%-p0.0%-k0.0%
    bloom n0.0%-p7.0%-k4.0%

i havent decided what to use for the soil and nutes yet but it will be prety even with the davids grow

PICS
    day 2 aug 24th

i will take more pics of the set up and everything else my camara batteries just died but i got one pic. its not much just a bunch of baby plants. the one in the center is going into the pot with soil. it looks like the best one so i am giving the soil an advantage.
    also one of the seeds hasnt broke the surface of the rockwool yet but i opened it up and saw a massive tap root so it should break the surface any second now.

Attached Files:

• aero.JPG
      aero.JPG
      File size:
      149.1 KB
      Views:
  2. i took pictures yesterday i killed the soil plant because it was retarded or i am retarded. it is still alive i guess but not for long. well anyways it is now day 11 i think. they are starting to granch out already and the roots are about 12 inches long. yeah i know my soil sucks thats prob;y why she isnt doing so hot

Attached Files:

3. i am using 100w hps

42 watt cfl red spec
    65 w cfl blue spec

4. wow thats some really unfair advantage, that soil looks misserable!

5. hahahah i know it is bad. but you know what they say, life isnt fair!

i started a new seed today in some real potting soil that dosnt have rocks plastic and cat hair in it. :D

6. the soil one got knocked off from the cat making a huge mess so now this is an aeroponic journal lol

7. wow in the last day it has grown a lot. just took some pictures today. the last pic is of the refleter i made from roofing metal

Attached Files:

8. boy that poor plant never stood a chance from the onset LOL.

Nice hood