Aeroponic DWC Closet Tent Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by the650nerd, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Howdy folks,
    I have another thread going but it seems to be dead and unworthy of continuing.
    Click here for old journal lol
    I'm just going to create a newer one with the full update.

Basically I have two separate, legal, operations going one of my rooms.
    In the closet I have 12 five-gallon individual buckets, connected by an air pump.
    Twelve individual DWC buckets going in the closet: 6 on the right side and the other 6 on the left.
    Each side is covered by five 80 watt 2700k fluorescent lights.
    Each bucket has a 6 inch air stone.
    Each bucket has the water flushed out with new nutrients every week (yes, it's a fuckin hassle).
    They are now at 9th week, 2nd flowering, stage.
    They were suffereing for the longest time ever, with root rot and shit, for the first 4 weeks so their growth was shocked tremendously. However I am trying to maxmize yield instead of just giving up lol.
    I used a tea-solution (all organic) for a while to cure the root rot.
    Now, as of week 8 and week 9 I have been using Advanced Solution line with Cal Mag and Root Excelerator.

My new set up, the aeroponics, is within a tent and a single 600 watt hps light. The first ten days of vegging were amazing and I've never seen such awesome growth. They went from 4 inch clones to nearly 22 inch teens in a matter of ten days!!
    I switched them into flowering 4 days ago because of the rapid growth.
    I only have a 4x4 tent lol.
    :O!
    I'm using the same line of nutrients as the DWC set up.

I have four 4 inch pvc pipes connected by sprinkler sets by each net pot.
    Each 4 inch pipe is four feet in length.
    Each one is connected with a draining system in which recycles the solution within a reservoir which pumps the solution into the sprinkler jets.
    The sprinkler jets are set on a timer for three minutes on and three minutes off.
    The roots are nearly 2 feet!!

Look at the difference in the growth from the first picture of the aero to the second picture, a growth of like 2 inches from day to day. :) <3

anyway.
    I'm baked as shiet. I'm gonna make a website, do homework and pass out.
    I will get better with updates and pictures lol.

Hope to get some more responses this time! *sigh*
    lol

Ciao!

Attached Files:

2. Updates coming in an hour or so.

3. Closet: Day 25 flowering.
    Tent: Day 6 flowering.

Attached Files:

4. Thanks!

Here's an update..

Closet: Day 26 flowering
    Tent: Day 7 flowering.

The first couple pictures are of the blueberry jack.
    The other is the Tahoe OG.
    :)

5. I forgot to upload the pics lol

Attached Files:

6. I was in a rush to class but hey check out the growth!!

ForumRunner_20130212_180321.png

ForumRunner_20130212_180334.png

7. So I'm at

Tent: Day 20 Flowering
    Closet: Day 39 Flowering

Tent:
    Excelent growth! I believe they are averaged at 4 feet each.
    Sour Diesel is really tall and big fan leaves (the sour smell is coming in too, and thc crystals forming)
    Cherry Pie is small but very bushy (nugs are starting to smell sweet! and many crystals)
    Chem-dawg is in between sourdiesel and the cherry pie's height. The crystals are really popping out on these guys.

All the plants in the tent were only receiving 400 watts of hps but I added an additional 400 watts from fluorescent and cfls (5000k)

Closet:
    Same ole shiet. I'm not too happy with this batch.
    Will give a better update in morning on the closet batch.

Here are pics of the tent.

8. Pics

Attached Files:

9. I was changing the water in the DWC buckets to basically start a flush round: 2 gallons of water in each bucket with 10ml micro, 20ml bloom, 2.5ml uncle john, 5ml cal mag. i will lower the nutrients daily, by swapping water with the solution.
    The DWC buckets (The closet grow) is uh shitty yield it seems. The bottom of the plant just isn't getting enough light so only the top nodes are going to have mass to them.
    They are super frosty but not dense :( so much for fluorescent lighting aha.

On a good note, the tent :D

I went to check the reservoir for the tent aeroponic setup and I noticed that on a couple of plants, the tips of the leaves are slightly burning. very little specs of burn marks so i'm going to look into it real quick and adjust my nutrient solution before adding to the reservoir.

10. Oh yes time to ease back a hair..I burnt the absolute shyt outa my "fat bitch" when swapping teaspoons for tablespoons haha..supa amateur move but live and learn..her head cola turned a cool 40g wet so we'll see where we wind up once hung n dried

11. Awesome! I'm hoping the best for the tent grow. Thanks for the reply.

12. So I was getting ready for school and figured I should check on the plants before I headed out..
    I was really enthused by what I saw so I figured I would share some pictures. :D
    The tent buds are growing in on all the plants. The sour diesel and chem dawg nugs are getting quite big and thc is appearing ;o
    The cherry pie is more bushy with small nugs everywhere.

Just as I was about to give up on the closet grow, after my swap in solution in each bucket, all the buds finally started to get more dense!! :D
    They showed significant differences from yesterday!

I hope I start getting followers because I'm getting more stoked as the days go by and the nugs grow on. xD!

School time.
    Ciao for now.

ForumRunner_20130226_113617.png

ForumRunner_20130226_113634.png

ForumRunner_20130226_113648.png

ForumRunner_20130226_113658.png

ForumRunner_20130226_113708.png

ForumRunner_20130226_113721.png

ForumRunner_20130226_113743.png

ForumRunner_20130226_113802.png

ForumRunner_20130226_113813.png

ForumRunner_20130226_113839.png

13. My bad dude. I was slightweight baked when I read that post previously lol but yeah, it's all just another lesson to be learned. You have a thread? I'd be interested to follow up with the 40g gal :D

14. #15 4grog2scrog0, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2013
    She got hacked and hung RIP Fat Bitch..in fact jus pulled the last of her off the hanger..dry wt came to 14.7 haha and going into jars for a while..wild how much water they are comprised of. And no I haven't started a thread yet..pry should to show fat bitch's baybays growin up.. Kept 9 all jus got flipped to 12 a couple days ago..had some issues during veg but thanks to the community and being a super web stalker I think we got everything sorted out..

Attached Files:

15. Tent: Day 26 flowering
    Closet: Day 35 flowering.

I wasn't too sure about whether the growth of the plants/buds were increasing or stunt due to the additional 400 watts of fluorescent light.

So I took a picture of a specific plant after 24 hours exactly.

Results are clear that I was just tripping because there seems to be a good amount of growth. :)

ForumRunner_20130302_140353.png

ForumRunner_20130302_140331.png

16. DeeeeHeesent

17. Howdy folks.
    Long time no talk? xD

Tent: Day 43 flowering.
    Closet: Day 52 flowering.

Sorry I haven't updated much (doesn't seem like anyone follows my thread anyway lol), but I've been super busy with school and taking care of the girls that I've been delaying all this online update shieettt. Lol.

Anyway basically the tent had some major leaks and so I had to redesign my set up so that way the leaks didn't occur. After a shit ton of stress to the plants and a few lost limbs (and nugs, which I'm just letting dry currently), the girls are doing good again. They aren't as perky as they are tied with string to keep them in the light and leaning straight.
    They look very big as of today, maybe three inches in height each nug, and looking at a good yield (knock on wood).. MANY crystals. VERY pungent. Covered in resin. :D not a single leaf in the tent is showing signs of deficiency.

The right side of the closet, the DWC set up (the shitty plants), I decided to pluck and hang. They've been hanging for four days now and have an AMAZING smoke. The high is very stony and energetic. White ashes, which is good.

The nugs were not large, and nor was the yield satisfying but that was due to major root problems from the beginning. I wasn't expecting much out of these 6 plants. Yield: 6 ounces (weighed after 3 days of drying).

The other 6 (3 agent orange, 3 tahoe og) plants in the dwc set up, on the left side of the closet, is in their last week of flushing. I'm flushing with Sugaree (2.5 ml per gallon) and ph'd solution. Looking at a very satisfying yield here. Very crystaly and pungent.

Attached Files: