Aerogarden help... pretty please!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by paestum, Aug 15, 2018.

1. [​IMG] [​IMG] Hey there,
    Just joined (finally) and I hope myself to someday be of assistance to others. Have a little problem (I think?) that I wanted to ask you experts about.
    I have two strains, Power Haze and Sour Diesel growing in my Aerogarden Bounty (45w led).
    Planted on June 17th. Switched to flowering on July 28th.
    Not sure if this is the particular strain, too many plants or what but these don't seem to have grown a heck of a lot since being shifted to the flowering mode.
    What do you guys and gals think of this for 60 days and what should I be doing now?
    THANKS IMMENSELY!

Attached Files:

2. A quick Google search provided the tip of running the pump 24/7. One grower using the Aerogarden Bounty said that the rate of flower appeared to increase significantly, and it also helped solve their root rot problem.

Your plants look good! Just remember that you're growing six plants in a small-looking container, under a 48w light, and they've only been in flower for a few weeks -I wouldn't expect much different, personally. Don't scrap the grow, but just keep your expectations lower and focus on this as a learning opportunity.

I'd recommend trying some things, next time:
    - Grow fewer plants so the plants that you do grow have more room for their root mass.
    - Instead of growing up, grow out and across (look up LST and topping or FIMming).
    - Get better grow lights -increase the wattage. A good rule of thumb is 35 watts per sq ft, minimum. LEDs don't penetrate the canopy as far as HID lights so a scrog or good LST goes a long way toward getting more flower. Supplemental side lighting goes a long way too, and that is something that you could implement in your current grow. Get more lights (CFLs, T-5s, T-8s, other LEDs, etc. -they don't have to be expensive), and hang them alongside of your plants. This will help provide more light to your flowering sites.

• Like Like x 1
  3. @baconman1945
    Thanks man. Appreciate it. I do know I need the extra lights and to plant less!
    How can I best salvage this?

4. Not salvaging, at all! Things look fine, but take notes on things you'd like to change for next time. For now, I would add some side lighting, and try to spread the plants out to get light to the lower, inside branches.