Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Aero or DWC?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tad, May 26, 2009.

1. I have been researching hydroponics for a couple weeks but I'm not sure which system I should start with.

Deep Water Culture looks to be pretty easy with just a tote, stones, and air pump (basically) but I look at Aeroponics which I could make with a few more parts. Either way I want to eventually experiment with both systems to see how I can get them to work.

I've heard something about the sprayers on an aero system clogging but yet I haven't heard much bad about DWC. What do you think is a good starter system (and on the cheaper side)?

2. If you want to begin with hydroponic, i'd definately say DWC. Yes the jets/sprayers clog up on an aeroponic due to salt built-up (but can be easily cleaned).

3. the DWC will cost less, and will be easier to run ( IMHO). bubble buckets are pretty hard to mess up.

If I were you I would start with DWC... then after a couple of hydro grows..modify 1-2 of my buckets to be aero, just to see which I like/produces more.

lol a 5-10 site aero-cloner is a pretty easy upgrade to a DWC bucket. just need to replace the lid and net pots when adding the H2O pump and fittings.:eek:

GL

P.S. all hydro emmiters clog, aero and drip. another bonus to the DWC ;)