Aero garden grow issue

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Ale3, May 15, 2021.

1. Hey everyone, first time poster here, hoping to get some help for this beginner!

im using an aero garden setup for growing, very simple approach. I’m only growing one plant at a time, certainly nothing amazing for yields but it’s just for me so it’s been working for my needs.

Ive grown two auto flowering plants successfully to flower, but my third attempt I’m running into issues. The seed has started but two weeks in and it’s looking bad. Very very slow growth compared to last two, and not looking healthy.

ive distilled the water beforehand, check ph daily and keep around 6.5, using nutes every 7 days, pump is aerating 30 on, 60 off with a 18-6 light cycle. I can’t figure out why this plant won’t grow?

it’s been about 6 months from the last grow that I did, I cleaned the tank with apple vinegar/water solution for a couple days, and then ran clean water for a week before seed drop. Anyone have any advice?

included a pic of current seedling looking sad, and images from first grow

Attached Files:

2. the little plant i would have in fresh tap water ... no nutients

3. Most of my DWC autoflower problems are from too much fertilizer or light.
    I have a friend who failed with aerogarden, and we still don't know why.

My first thought is severe over-fertilization, but problems are difficult to diagnose.
    ppm and pH are extremely important in DWC.
    Have you measured pH and ppm?

4. something that small should have no nutes and 5.9 water
    once you get the first set of leaves A LITTLE nutes is ok 100 ppm
    PH stays at 5.9

5. Thanks for the input everyone. I’ll keep it nute free on the next seed and see how it goes.

6. Seedlings appreciate a small amount of fertilizer.
    I start mine at about 100 ppm (EC=0.1).

7. 20190324_131152.jpg
    My personal resin test . i like my weed on the sticky side

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stick-em-up

• Winner Winner x 1