Advise from the pros please

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Thatguy89, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Currently growing 4x White widow in coco in 12L pots..been having slight problems the entire time on and off but plants overall look pretty healthy/happy. Was wondering when I should flip to flower to get the most out of my 4.3x4.3x7 tent...will not be using a Scrog due to my manual watering situation. Currently feeding canna coco a+b at 4ml/L of each and calmag at 5ML/G. Every other watering I add roots excelurator and and silica. [​IMG]

First grow

2. Ps. This is after 46 days of veg. How much room will I need for stretch for horizontal growth..not so concerned about vertical growth since they are only 10 inches tall maybe 2 ft with the pots

First grow

3. I started june 1st with 4 clones this is my stretch currently thats 8 foot by 5 foot space their in scrog3.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Did the area fill in a lot or did they just stretch up? By the pics would you say it's a good time to flip em to flower?

First grow

5. They grew faster and larger then I expected thats for sure . From what I have read they vary by strain but id flip at your size given the tent size , if they outgrow the tent you would have to have a back up to move one or two of them .

• Like Like x 2
  6. I would flower them now - if you let them grow vertically from now on they will probably stretch a good 18"-24". If watering is a problem doing a scrog - try these.

93666_51b5efee7e35e_original.jpg 93666_51b5efee8e0b8_original.jpg 3 weeks.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  7. #9 MickFoster, Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017

8. I'll definately be picking those up for my next grow...thanks for the input the plants are now on there first 12 hours of darkness!

First grow

9. Nice looking plants. The hydro halos will not only make it easier to water under the scrog net but it makes it easier to water because it distributes the water evenly and doesn't puddle in the air-pots and come out the side holes. How do you like the air-pots?

• Like Like x 1
  10. I like the drainage they provide over the fabric pots I had...plus the fabric seems to cake up with salts and minerals. With the roots sitting right against those caked up salts and minerals probably not the best. I could of flushed but it would have taken so much water...much less water to flush these plastic pots no question and I believe better air to the roots

First grow

11. Thanks for the compliments on the plants. Unfortunately still having yellowing with little brown spots but when I transplanted I noticed I hadn't mixed the perlite good enough I had half an inch to an inch of perlite at the bottom with a bunch of dead roots from drying out...I'm hoping these pots will correct the problem.

First grow

12. I start mine in the 1ltr propagation air-pots and transplant to the 9ltr after two weeks - I love them. Next time you might want to cover the sides of the air-pots with pantyhose because fungus gnats can be a problem. When you say flushing in your post - could you explain?

These are the roots in the 1ltr at two weeks from sprout.
    Transplant 2 wks.JPG

13. I meant flushing as in putting in enough water (with nutes) to wash out all the salts and crap from the fabric pots...since I water to runoff every time this shouldn't be an issue with these plastic pots. Definitely going to pick up the 1L airpots for my next run. I had a little gnat problem when I started and I managed to kill them all lol

First grow

• Like Like x 1
  14. I had nice healthy seedlings then I transplanted to those fabric pots and had all kinds of problems...maybe they were the culprit..or I was just not using them properly or maybe not watering til there was enough runoff

First grow

15. I've never used fabric pots so I can't comment on them causing problems, but I never have a discolored leaf from start to finish in my air-pots.

16. I've read your guide but can't remember..do you use R/O water or tap? Calmag or not?

First grow

17. I use tap water which allows me to not have to use calmag.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I'm using tap water and added 5ml/g of calmag...think that's my problem? Could overfeeding calmag show similar issues to underfeeding? Since your plants look so damn nice and green I'm going to take your word for it and cut the calmag out starting today I think. I don't think there's any way it could be deficiency with tap and calmag...

First grow