Advice wanted first grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pratt45, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Got a small plant that a friend thought was going to die and a few seeds. I have been lurking and read a lot on here and built this cheap little closet out of a filing cabinet. Right now I am using a 6400k 125W cfl but plan on adding at least one more. Just wondering if they are looking ok. The larger one looks a lot better than it did when I got it.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2. Post some close ups and more details. Nute/watering schedule, temps, humidity, soil, all that good stuff.

What size is the box(LxWxH)?

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk
    And where did you get that reflector? That thing is legit!

3. Sorry about the lack of info. The box is only 2x1x4.5. I plan on building a larger one but had to throw this together 2 days ago. The small one is in ffof and I will be changing the bigger one to that as soon as it looks a little better. No nutes yet cause it looked really burnt but if needed later will use ff trio. The small one just popped yesterday so I haven't watered it at all. Other one every 3 days ph'd water only. Got the reflector off Amazon I think.[​IMG][​IMG]

4. You don't even need help man you already got it going on. I will say that space is good for 1 plant to flower, 2 plants and you'll have problems quick. Plants will stretch Atleast 2x there size in flower so take that into consideration. Do you have an exhaust fan and filter If they don't stink now they will, trust me on this you don't want to skimp on the filter if you live close to anyone or have anyone in your house. Legal or not, people are scum. The big plant actually looks under fed, if old leaves are starting to yellow they need more nutes if new leaves are dark green or orange it's too much and yours look yellow

5. Thanks for the knowledge Capt. Looking at making a 4x4x6 in the next week or so. Haven't really put a lot of thought into a filter other than just looking online about them. I just retired out the military last year and decided this would be a good hobby for me so it's been 20+yrs since I even smoked hahaha. Should be a fun time. I will try to keep updates ad I go.

6. Right on bro. Grow tents are an easy option but if you're into diy then hell yeah. Phresh and rhino filters are all I can recommend. You're about to have your mind blown if you haven't smoked in 20 years man haha I love it!

7. I'm all about DIY nothing but time on my hands now.

8. Shit bro check out the diy led help thread if you're really interested. Build your own bad ass light for pennies compared to what peopl sell them at. I'll get you a link if interested

9. Sure, appreciate it.

10. Wish I knew what strain they were but I have no idea. Last time I smoked was 1990 in h.s and you bought whatever your "guy" had.

11. #11 pratt45, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2016
    Ok quick question, I put my Germed seed in a solo cup 3 days ago. It popped soil 2 days ago and I haven't touched it since. Any idea when I should consider watering it? The soil is dry down to first knuckle deep.

12. Spray a little water over the top enough to get it back moist

13. So not a true watering just getting the top a little moist?

14. You kinda just have to use your own discretion. If it feels moist further down just give it enough to get the top layer wet. If the pot feels really light and looks really dry, soak it down

15. [​IMG] does she look good enough to do the soil change now? I watered it yest erday and when the soil got wet I saw all these little gnat or fruit fly looking bugs come out of the soil. I know the soil it's in is pretty cheap because it's full of bark and I wanna get it in the ffof asap.

16. Any idea what is going on with it? Really want to move it to some good soil but worried it won't take being repotted.[​IMG]

17. #17 pratt45, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2016
    [​IMG]

Been using a home made co2 generator on the front plant. Both are same seeds but look so much different. Does co2 make this big of a difference? The smaller one broke soil on feb 5th and the fan leaves are so much bigger. Just a new with a ?