Advice/Suggestion for Leaving Plant Unattended

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Blunt Blowin, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Hey all,

New to GC, but have been reading for a while now. So, here's the situation, I just received my order of seeds from the Attitude and I'm pretty anxious to get started growing. My original plan was to wait until after the holiday season b/c I will be out of town for about 10 days during Xmas and New Year's, but I'm ready to get going, lol.

Here's my question though, if I were to start germinating the plant let's say, ohh the Sunday or Monday after Thanksgiving (27th or 28th), take care of the plant for almost 4 weeks, then leave to go out of town for 10 or 11 days, would I just be wasting my time? It will be a soil grow by the way, and I'm thinking of using an AF Northern Light, but I also have a couple other feminized seeds that are non-AF. Should I just have patience and wait until I will be back? I know leaving them unattended will cause stress to the plant, but would it be too much for them to recover?

Sorry for all of the ??'s and the long post, but I'm excited to start growing!! Newbie here so take it easy on me when responding, lol.

2. All you would really have to worry about is watering...these sound good

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002558KJQ/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2/180-6555049-9170022?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_r=19KPP8HSH1B3JNQ15B85&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_i=B0002VAHXC]Amazon.com: Hydrospike Hs-300 3-pack Worry-free Automatic Watering Kit: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

3. Sweet dude, thanks for the reply. It never even crossed my mind to look for something like that, I feel kinda dumb. Does anyone have any experience with these automatic waterers? What about this one:

2 Strong Automatic Plant Watering Aqua System PlantWatcher Automatische | eBay

Any other advice is greatly appreciated. Don't wanna waste plant by being too impatient to wait til after the holidays.

4. yea that looks the same but its from hong kong so it might take a while to get there...get one sent soon and then try it out on some dirt or something first...it got good reviews on amazon so i wouldnt see why it wouldnt work just fine

5. they sell reptile drippers that you can adjust. very cheap and can be found at any pet shop. but i would test it to see home much water it drops so you can set it right. i also went to vegas for 4 days and plant was ok..