Advice on Training/Pruning (Outdoor)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Sinescent, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Link to pics album: July 3 2018

So this is my first ever grow. Outdoor in 15 gal Fabric Pots. Organic "No Til" living soil with hay mulch layer. These were given to me as 6" clones. They are all photo's from what I was told, no auto's. I don't expect them to go into flowering until mid to late August as I'm in the Northeast (Massachusetts).

I'm looking for advice on if I should train or prune these in any way. I know that outdoor training isn't as vital to flower production due to light intensity, etc. However, I'm always looking to maximize growth & yield of course.

1. Should I do some bending to maximize light exposure to grow sites?
    2. Should I prune some of the lower canopy? I read mixed opinions on this, some say if they are shaded by upper canopy then rip em off, some say leave them be.
    3. Should I just leave them the fuck alone?
    4. Maybe I should spread them apart to give them more room? They are starting to ever so slightly overlap

Thanks in advance to the great community for any feedback!

2. The sun will grow them like no other light. If you want them touching the sky, do nothing and wait for Jack to come down the bean stalk. Otherwise, everything you can do to train them indoors you can do outdoors too. At least, top them once.

3. Yeah I wish I would have topped them when I first got them. It looks like one of them may have been by the guy who gave them to me.

Its a little late to be topping now isn't it?
    I should probably stake them too, as they are getting quite hefty

4. Nah, unless you're in a hurry, take them down a few nodes and they'll slow that upward mobility some.

5. I planted mine out side, topped once so far and I'm planning to top again. One is 35" and the other is 27"

A friend of mine topped his gorilla glue only once and it was over 11 feet tall.

Attached Files:

6. I don't wanna! I'm scared!
    Really though, they are flourishing right now and I'm afraid of fucking them up because I have zero experience.

I don't want to cut them in the wrong spot and screw them up!

7. @StickyBudHound Thank you for your feedback! I've actually read that page the other night haha. I will give it a try on maybe half the crop. So I get a feel for it.

8. That's the spirit! :pimp:

The ones you top will Bush out more and stay shorter. Then you can start using LST to spread them out and stake the branches for better support. Keep posting on here and I'll follow your progress. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1