Advice on topping needed

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ganjagrowgrady, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Hi, i have recently started a grow of northern lights x big bud from nirvana 2 days ago under one 200w blue EVL, one 125w blue EVL and one 200w red EVL, do you think i should top these plants. I have read somewhere that some plants shouldnt be topped. I think it might be better as i am using enviro's. What do you guys think?....

2. go ahead and cut them bithces up real good deep too so they can feel the pain

3. yea cutem

4. Hahahahaha you make it sound like he's goin to chop the bitch in half and kill it..

but ya go ahead and top it, it may go throught abit of Stress tho... for a couple days..

then it'll be fine...

good luck :smoking:

5. Top above the 3rd node, and the plants will bush out nice and low.

6. Although I do prefer to top, why would you let others tell you if you should or not? Something like that can be limited by your environment.

7. pretty newb question(s)... im guessin topping can turn a plant male? and does topping just help with makin more branches and keepin the plant lower?

8. NO TOPPING DOES NOT INDUCE MALES, crazy light scedeules and light leaks make plants hermie. As for your topping question yes it does make more branches, lets put it like this lets say a Canabis plant shooots straight up and theres 1 top branch. If you top that so called branch you will get 2 branches/budsites, and if you top those two branches you will bet 4 main budsites. Also never top during flowering only when there vegging hope you get it now

9. ok i do.. thats helps me out a lot... thank you ^_^ also.. where can i find the info for light schedules and such?

10. damn your a newb read a little homie then start asking questions now thats off my chest heres a quickie 2 weeks of 24 for seedlings placed in 16 Oz cups,2 months of 18/6 for vegging placed in 2 gallon containers(1 gallon if your vegging for 1 month, 12/12 for flowering plants placed in 5 gallon containers(3 if you you were vegging for 1 month hope that helps

11. ok thanks, sorry for not readin up first, its just that i read somewhere that some strains shouldnt be topped. Height isnt an issue but i thought that using envirolites would mean it would be easier to grow plants that were shorty and wider.can manage Ive read lil tutorials on how to top so i think i can manage that.