Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

advice on smoking for management of rheumatoid arthritis

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by alex_t, Apr 10, 2016.

1. I smoked once in high school (ages ago) but I know nothing about smoking and was hoping to get some advice. I have rheumatoid arthritis (in combination with systemic lupus and a few other things) and have been on a few different medications (methotrexate, mycophenolate) but the side effects were pretty rough. I did a bit of research and I read a few things that said smoking can help with my RA.

What type of weed I should try? (I've heard that there are different types?)

How does medical marijuana even work? (Is it different from recreational use?)

I was wondering what kind of pipe I should buy. I like these two ( http://grasscity.com/best-sellers/best-glass-pipes/mathematix-solid-spoon-with-marble/ and 3" Marble Swirled Hand Pipe - Ash Black - $10 Glass Pipes - Glass Pipes -The Online Head Shop! ) Are they for weed? Are they poor quality? What is the marble for?

• Like Like x 1
  2. I treat my R.A. with medical marijuana

Kevieboys family adventure grow

• Like Like x 1
  3. Anklosing Spodylitis/ psoriatic Arthritis here. 43 now, started at 17. Fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. I was 14 at start and I'm 32 now.

Kevieboys family adventure grow

5. I have horrible back issues and rheumatoid arthritis is one of those issues. What I can say is this, out of all the different medications I was put on I eventually got off of them al and pretty much use ganja to handle a bunch of symptoms from non appetite and nausea to pain and sleeping issues. It really is a cure all for me.

I'm also a cancer survivor and during chemo, radiation and surgery I smoked all the time. It literally would have me right as rain with in 15 minutes of smoking. It was a god send. The release was so good the first time I tried it I cried tears of joy. It was a pretty magical moment for me.

I mostly dab extracts like wax and smoke ganja in doobies and through my bong. It works really well. The dabs are super powerful and really let me float off to sleep. I'll sleep for like 3 or 4 hours strait some times which is amazing for me. If I hurt really bad and can't sleep or can't get back to sleep I go with edibles. Edibles are / can be super powerful because you don't green out like when you smoke to much. So go easy when first attempting edibles.

If you do try ganja and it becomes a little out of control in some way just remember it won't kill you and it ends in a few hours. Just try hitting a pipe 1 time. Hold it to a count of ten and exhale it. Hang out for 5 minutes and see how you feel. If you feel good then hit it again. But no more then 2 the first time. Even if nothing happens the first couple times. Sometimes our brains need to figure out what to do with ganja. Once it does though, look out. You will get high at some point so stick with no more then 2 hit until you get high the first time and know how it feels. Never ever say fuck it, I'm gonna smoke that whole doobie to my noggin. You will pay if you do lol!

Anyway, it works amazing as medication. I am really happy with it and the effects. Every once in a while I get a little hungry or paranoid, maybe a little goofy and stupid (per my wife), maybe smell a little like dank. Aside from that I have no negative side effects. Just remember to use it in moderation and only use it to spice up the activity you are doing. Never use it as the actual activity you plan to do. It really has been a game changer though as far as feeling better. Hope it works out for you too!

• Like Like x 2