advice on ferts please?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ruler911, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Make it simple for me if you can . I was wondering i bought good tomato soil, I just want something to add to there water for feeding recommendations?

2. We can make it simple for you but its better for you to learn about fertilizers and what
    not so you can actually feed your plant what it needs.

Not trying to ride you or anything man but if you aren't willing to put anything into learning
    about proper MJ cultivation, you probably won't grow any top notch bud.

Anyway.. to answer your question though. If you bought tomato soil, it'll have lots of
    time-release fertilizer in it. Since I'm presuming its probably the Miracle Gro tomato
    soil you could just use some water soluable miracle grow fertilizers in the water. I'd
    use half strength 30-10-10 (Miracle Gro Azalea & Rhodoendron) nutes and then switch
    to 15-30-15 (Miracle Gro Bloom Booster) during flowering with some molasses. I did
    this on my last grow and got some incredibe results, but I didnt use your kinda soil.

Im going to be using MG nutes on half my current grow and half organic nutes I make
    myself. Hopefully by the next grow, I'll be all organic.. I don't trust what might possibly
    reside inside that Miracle Gro chemical fertilizers. Heavy metals maybe?

Kinda got off track there.. anyways I hope that helps man!

:bongin: ~Experimentalist

3. so i put that stuff in the water?

4. i am willing to learn i am just setting up exaust now trying to get some education on future issues any advise is useful. thanx

5. I really have no clue about ferts either...
    I got a bag of potting soil moisture advantage... it says 0.07 -0.01- 0.03

6. Yeah thats right.. look for ferts that say "water soluble" or "for use in watering cans"
    on the box.

7. What don't you understand? That soil has an NPK of 7-1-3... the best soil has no
    nutes added, but thats an acceptable soil you have there. You'll need to supplement
    that with added fertilizer in your water, especially during flowering though.