Advice on a Homemade Soil Mixture

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mrblue42, Jun 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hey everyone,
    first time posting here. I am a novice grower, with a 70 plant count operation out of Co. I came into the operation with a buddy that already had a little something going for hime. What we're looking to do is minimize cost and maximize yield. What I'm looking to do is to create my own soil mixture, using store bought chemicals, and mixing them into the soil. The goal is to have a soil that has all the nutrients already in it, so there would be no need to add nutrients though the water, or change the soil. I was wondering if anyone had done this before, how successful were you, and any other recommendations anyone has for this type of grow would be greatly appreciated! Currently using the general hydro 3 part system(micro veg and bloom), which is costing us around 900$ a cycle with a 1/2 lb yield for each plant. Thanks and I appreciate your input!

2. Wow man, thats crazy expensive! You either need to use super soil, or go no till. Both are all organic, and you can reuse the soil every cycle with both as well. Take a look!

No Till:
    No-Till Gardening: Revisited

Organic Super Soil:
    Easy Organic Soil Mix for Beginners

3. Why would you want to add chemicals into your soil? Don't, and you'll be able to use it again and again.

Read here - No-Till Gardening: Revisited

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bottled sewage will be the end of this hobby!

better to find an old grower in your hood or anyone's grand-papa

as often these guys rock, growing annual tomatoes etc

for me soil is a real science and leave that to the hippys down at the river

from which I've been buying bulk for the last 30? years

you find the same

you never look back

good luck

5. what I mean by chemicals is the nutrients in their purest form, so your macro and micro nutrients.

6. well we have a 70 plant count so once we dial down a soil/nutrient combo that yields the most per plant, then we will apply that to the system that is in place already.