Advice needed

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Nightshadow, Mar 28, 2017.

1. long time smoker first time grower inside instead of outside. I have three plants that have been in veg state for about a month and a half. My question is about stepping it up to the next stage and proper lights to use. My veg light was a t5 in a grow tent of 36x36x72. I'm thinking of switching over to a light that a buddy of mine gave me. The light is a
    SPL Horticulture Stwk 1000 Hydroponic 400w. My question is this light suitable for my tent size plant volume and have good reviews. My buddy gave it to me never used so I don't know it's potential. Thanks for any help here.

2. What kind of ventilation do you have going? 400w can get pretty toasty in a 36x36x72.

3. it has three six inch fans going and one four inch mess with a regular size circular house fan

4. What are your temps like with the t5? You can expect to add at least 10 degrees on top of that with the 400w

5. I've been coasting around 68-70

6. As long as you can keep the temps preferably under 80, that light is good to go.

7. Thank you very much for the feed back. Greatly appreciated