Advice needed on plants *pics included*

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Nezhinau, May 30, 2012.

1. #1 Nezhinau, May 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2012
    Hello everyone, I'm new to growing so I after loads of time research on how to grow weed, I decided to just go here and ask for advice personally, I found this website the most helpful.
    I'll attach a few pictures of my grow set up and my babies now and the questions that I want to ask.

My grow room = Wardrobe
    Grow lights = 125watt Dual Spectrum CFL.
    Strain = Nepalese Dragon from Ministry of Cannabis
    Stage = Veg
    Age = Today is 4 weeks from the day I put the seeds in soil
    Questions = There are questions on the pictures, My main concern is are they healthy looking overall?

#1 Is this pre-flowering? My plants are 4 weeks old, I keep them at a 18/6 light.

[​IMG]

#2 Is this nitrogen deficiency?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#3 Nutrients I use:
    Vegetative stage
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Flowering Stage(I'll use this)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#4 Leaf tips are kinda curling down, why is that?
    [​IMG]

#5 Other pictures, how do they look overall?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance :)

2. can't see any pics

3. Fixed it, sorry about that... So does anyone know what's going on?

4. I think your plants are healthy man. I can tell you one thing for sure - you're not going to get any compliments on using Miracle Grow from people in this community! This is a very organic-loving community. However, you can grow just fine with MG, it's just suggested to use 1/2 to even 1/3 first few dosages until your plant gets used to the MG nutes. MG can be very hot and burn your plants if you use too much.

5. ^Well said +rep^^

6. Allright thanks :) How about the pictures with the yellowing of the leaves? And the tip of the leaves being very light green. Is that a deficiency?

7. no , but I'd check my runoff pH next watering. it is kinda looking like the start of pH Spotting .

8. Is there a fan anywhere in there?

9. Nope there's no fan in there, It's only a CFL 125watt so It doesn't produce that much heat so I don't think the fan is neccesary.

10. Air flow/ ventilation are more important then you think...To me it look like they just want more food, could be ph though.

11. You need a fan. Get one, these plants need to feel the breeze!

12. #12 clflatt, May 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2012
    Being an electrician for over 20 years I would like to point out, your only getting a % of light using your bulb in this fashion. By putting your clf horizontal instead of vertical you will get better results. Best to use the whole length of the tube than just the end.

Is that a little reflector in your pot???? If so nice, never thought of that to give a little boost of light to the lower branches.

13. #13 Nezhinau, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2012
    I wanted to do that, but I don't know how to put it like that, I can only hang it, any advice on how I could leave it horizontally? Without resorting to drilling anything...

And the reflectors in pots, They weren't there in the picture but I do have them :)

Oh and about the PH, I have a feeling mine is too high. I am going to get a pH meter soon, but while Im here, does anyone know how I can lower it? I heard lemon juice helps, but I don't know anything about how much lemon juice in what amount of water to put it in to...

14. #14 clflatt, Jun 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2012
    LOL I took a 2x2x4 cut a 16" and 2 6" pieces out of it. Got a piece of duck (for the reflector) open the duck and screwed it to the 2x2x16" (Top horizontal frame) screw 2x2x6" to the end of your top frame, for the back part of the frame (vertical)
    last take the last 2x2x6" and screw it to the bottom of the vertical part of your frame to mount the light.

If you follow me the 2x2x16" and the 2x2x6" should be parallel with a 2x2x6" vertical piece. Then zip tie the base of the bulb to the bottom of the frame.

also you may want to double up the vertical 2x2x6" for added strength. Also pre drill all screw holes as to not spit out wood, and use a few strong zip ties. put a screw in each end of the 2x2x16" 1/2 way in to hang from (chain to)

[​IMG]

pic of frame and I'm no good with comp stuff (making diagrams on comp) sorry.

15. Oh yeah, 1 more thing, because my grow room can't be modified in any way because it has JUST enough room for 5 pots, Whenever I put my lamp horizontally some of the plants don't get any light, the 2 in the middle would get the most, and the ones closer to the socket wouldn't get any at all.

16. a really easy way for you to possibly drop canopy temps by a few degrees would be if you lowered your reflector below the blue "ballast" for the bulb.

if you put your hand around that blue part of the base of the bulb when the bulb is on, you will probably feel hot air coming out.

get that part above your reflector and possibly get exhaust above the reflector (even with a simple fan pushing air out of the tent/closet) and watch your temps plummet.

17. allright, cheers guys :)
    This is my first grow anyway, so this I just made a wee investment into it, my next grow will be better, I'll allready have experience on this, I'll get a HPS bulb, a fan... Ehh all them stuff, I just kept this light because I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but for now it's going better than expected, probably going to veg it for another month, and then switch the lights to 12/12

Oh and 1 more thing, does anyone know the thing about keeping the lights off for 24 hours before switching to 12/12? I read about it a few times, some people say it helps, some say it doesn't change a thing... Some say It prevents the plant from growing in height more during the flowering stage if you do a 24 hours without lights. So If anyone knows anything about that, I'd love to read about your personal opinions :)