Advice,Low Stress Training Sativas

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by CALAMITY671, Jun 15, 2019.

1. So I'm a new grower, and I'm growing like 4 sativa trees. I'm low stress training them and I was wondering if you guys have any tips?

I've looked up information on low stress training and I realized there's barely anything on lst sativas.

So has any of you Low StressTrained a sativa? Is it a good idea?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome to the forum, you will likely have much better luck over in the growing forums. There is a lot of info and smart gardeners on those. Enjoy and good luck.

3. I would if I were you. They take forever to grow and can get tall.
    My tip for you is to use the pot you’re going to flower in. The plant is pretty malable and can take the bending etc. I actually find that plants that have been pinched and bent grow heavier buds.
    Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah I've heard pinching the stems causes them to thicken up. Though I'm scared to do that because their stems are so slim it's scary.

From seedling to now it's been 2 months, 1 week, and 4 days and their stem thickness is less than a centimeter

I would say that I have 1½ months left before they flower, and the thin stems are scaring me.

Any advice?

5. If your stems are that small at that age you proablly having some sort of issue. You would proablly be better of starting a need help thread in the growing section and post some pics. And specs of your grow.

6. I got it all figured out. Every single day I lightly bent the stems and they're doing perfect now. All I did was just lightly bend it back and forth and now the stems are quite sturdy.

I think what happened was I started them out indoors so they were babied. Like I didn't even have a fan blowing on them to help strengthen the stems.

Thankfully they adapted well. Another thing is that they're a pure sativa land race from the Philippines. These are known for growing really slim branches.

I technically worried for nothing. I just had to wait for them to adapt to the outside enviroment.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Just wanted to update this thread. My girls are looking beautiful right now. All the training and nutrients had them grow beautifully. Just going to let them grow till they flower. I'll have to say that I'm amazed at how great they grew. Their stems started off all weak and brittle and now they're as thick as 2 fingers. 20190731_113543.jpg 20190731_113357.jpg 20190731_113327.jpg